They really *did* blame Wiggle!

ColinJ
ColinJ Posts: 2,218
edited October 2011 in The bottom bracket
Wiggle have just had their virtual wrists slapped for misleading advertising!

Comments

• napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    I blame Speed King
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Speed King blames Bhima
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    NapD back after all this time?
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    Wiggle must have hidden their ill gotten gains in an offshore Haribo account. :wink:
    Cycling weakly
  • micken
    micken Posts: 275
    NapoleonD wrote:
    I blame Speed King

Welcome back. I'm looking forward to reading your contributions again.

Mick
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Going back to the OP big clap to the ASA for pulling Wiggle up on this.

Sick of getting these junk mails from them promising large discounts on list prices and them not materialising at the checkout.

TBH I don't use Wiggle any longer as they're to expensive.
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    ASA had to come down on them sometime as Wiggle's pricing on their supposed "offers" was so misleading it was untrue.
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Far from the only retailer who do this kind of thing, but they do seem particularly bad for it.
  • nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    It's less annoying than CRC's tactic of headline pricing an item, only for you check and it only applies to the dwarf size in pink or something.
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    nferrar wrote:
    It's less annoying than CRC's tactic of headline pricing an item, only for you check and it only applies to the dwarf size in pink or something.

Ribble also appears to offer misleading pricing if you search for their goods via Google shopping - it often returns results that quote the 25% off if bought as part of orders over X quid rather than the "stand-alone" price.

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    As frustrating as it is (thinking there is going to be a great offer on Wiggle items when you see the 'deal'), I don't see it as misleading. It's just because people rush to buy and don't understand what 'list price' means. List price isn't discount price and people 'assume' the discount is going to be applied on the discounted price.

I already get 12.5%off, so these deals mean I only get an extra 2.5% off. It's crap, but I don't go crying to the advertising standards board about it.

I am cheesed off though, that the bike I was looking at on Wiggle went from 40% off to 30% off, despite them not selling it!
  • 4kicks
    4kicks Posts: 549
    Im also quite surprised ASA considers that not knowing what list price means is a valid reason to claim advertsing is misleading - and Im equally amazed that ANY low cost airline & car rental ads are allowed to stand as the price quoted is absolutely NEVER what you end up paying.....

...but, to play along with this dated and tawdry subtext, thats probably wiggles fault as well. No joke like an old joke.. :roll:
    Fitter....healthier....more productive.....