OT: NHS Bill

rick_chasey
rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
edited October 2011 in Commuting chat
It's the afternoon.

Everyone's a little angrier in the afternoons, so hopefully, we'll get a few good bites here.

The NHS reform bill just got through the next stage. Can't help but think it's a big step backwards.

There seem to be plenty of people on the right /centre right on here - certainly more than my circle.

Are you in favour? If so, is it really just because 'we can't afford it' (apparently)?

Or is it more ideological than that?

Comments

• All i can say , is thank god they are not trying it in Scotland (yet) it sound like a complete FCUK up and just an excuse for the rich to get richer are us pooooor plebs having to pick up the bill (again). They allready tried a variation on this a few years ago and it didnt work then . So why should it work in "Camerons" broken society. Havn;'t the G.Ps got enough to do treating patients, me thinks there will be yet another increase in the time it takes to get an appiontment.Which in all fairness you might have to pay for. I sincerley hope those plodders in the Lords actually show some bottle and tell Cameron and his lackeys/cronies to shove it where the sun dosnt shine !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yes i do work for the NHS.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Well the reforms are costing a hell of a lot of money, so I don't buy 'we can't afford it'.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • It didn't work before, when it was called fund-holding and that created a 2 tier system where we had to fast track patients of fundholding GP (there was a sticker on the front of every patient's notes).

It is a disaster but I think it is a NHS creation (probably the CE) rather than Lansbury who seems a bit of a lame duck with little control.

The system has been created for this in England where money follows patients, rather than silo budgeting in Scotland whereby trusts have to divide up budgets.

Every reorganisation costs millions and none of them get the money back. GPs should look after patients, which is what they want to do.

Wait for the Daily Mail headlines. Anyone would think the media and politicians wanted to discredit the GPs. Some will make a lot of money from all this, then cue the backlash.