Anyone ridden around Dalby in the last week or two?

gregwari
gregwari Posts: 230
edited October 2011 in Routes
Hey all

heading up to Dalby on Saturday, has anyone ridden the red trail in the last week or two??? After advice over trail conditions, still dry or is it getting boggy - still have Maxxis Crossmarks on, trying to decide if it's time to change to the panaracer cinders (wet weather, big knob tyres)

thanks

Comments

• I was there on Sunday 2nd October and it was nice and dry, I was using crossmark on rear and it was fine.
    I think the hot weather we had just before helped dry it a bit.

It was better than the previous time we were there, 2 weeks previous, as it was raining then.
    Weather looks ok for Saturday over there at the moment but that could change.
    Transition Trans AM 27.5
    Niner ROS9
  • altern_8
    altern_8 Posts: 1,562
    I havent been up there,and it might not be much help,but as im only a hour away,id say with the heavy rain up there all day wednesday,it will be muddy in the normal places,and dry in the others,looking at the weather forcast,it wont have much time to dry out completely before saturday.Id say stick with the Maxxis at the moment,but keep a eye on the weather forecast for saturday.
  • I was there last week. Mon 3rd Oct was really dry, rode again on the Thursday 6th, bit wetter but still riding fast, only did from VC to Dixons Hollow then few black bits though.
    Think it'll be a good bit wetter now, but I find it's never that bad to ride even when wet at Dalby.
    I'll be there again on Sunday doing the duathlon with my son Ben.
  • Think it'll be a good bit wetter now, but I find it's never that bad to ride even when wet at Dalby.

Apart from if you like your drive-train and brake pads. Dalby in the wet eats bikes for breakfast..........literally.

I'm sure it will be fine for now, a couple of dry days forecast.
  • gregwari
    Thanks all... much appreciated
  • I was up there early on Monday 10th, the trails where wet but rode really well, very fast, just watch out for some of the rocks as they can catch you out when wet. Have fun enjoy !!
  • Was in great condition this afternoon. A few puddles in the first few sections, but the second half was bone dry and very fast :-) They had an excavator building some new table tops at Dixons hollow, one guy was testing them out although I'm not sure theyll be ready for tomorrow
    Orange Five AM
    Cube AMS 100
    GT Avalanche Expert
  • gregwari
    jacksonrj wrote:
    Was in great condition this afternoon. A few puddles in the first few sections, but the second half was bone dry and very fast :-) They had an excavator building some new table tops at Dixons hollow, one guy was testing them out although I'm not sure theyll be ready for tomorrow

Nice one! Thanks, I'll leave the crossmarks on and leave the cinders in the boot

cheers
  • tobh
    tobh Posts: 103
    we were there 2 weekends ago, the 15th. It was a little wet but no problems at all. I had a Nobby Nic on the front and a Ron on the back of a steel hardtail.

The Red is a bit boring though.. a lot of climbing for some uninspired downs,