Giant anthem x4 fox fork

gmacz
gmacz Posts: 343
edited October 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
fox f100 rl-11 100mm travel.
Giant anthem x4 - Looked everywhere for this info.
Does the front fork have a lockout.
It has a blue lever that looks like it could be a lockout.
Cannot find the answer to this question.The 2011 bike.
Thanks for any info.

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Yes. RL - Rebound - Lockout.
  • gmacz
    I was told by LBS that it did not have any, had my suspicions about that info.
    He could not explain what the lever did.
    Looks like another dodgy fork.
    Thanks for the info.
  • yes i have them forks and blue lever will lockout the fork red dial rebound blue dial does get stuck sometimes though if you do a lot of crappy winter riding, just have to take it off and clean
    anthem x with many upgrades
  • gmacz
    What upgrades have you done and have you fitted any sort of mudguards.
  • Matt88
    Matt88 Posts: 83
    i've got the same forks as well, like cloudynights said it has the lockout with the rebound inside of it.
    I wouldn't call it a dodgy fork either , i've had my anthem for 2 months now and i can't fault the forks. It is a simple fork, not having all the settings a reba RLT or FIT fork might have but on the trails its great.
  • bartimaeus
    bartimaeus Posts: 1,812
    Anthem... excellent. Forks... excellent.

Mudguards: MuckyNutz BenderFender2, pretty good at keeping the worst out of your face and weighs nothing. I have not bothered with a rear mudguard... I have one but I have never put it on the bike.

Upgrades: tyres (Medusas for winter, Nics for the rest of the year). Ergon grips - from new, as they help stop numb hands, give a variety of hand positions and are good for straightline and road riding. But grips are a very personal thing.

After 18 months I am now going to try a shorter stem (have one borrowed). I am also considering upgrading gears, as I've ridden XT a couple of times and it is just better - but deep down I think the basic Deore is good enough. Maybe brakes would make more sense - while the current brakes are OK I think I may be ready for more stopping power.

Trouble is, there's that niggling feeling that maybe I should just dive in and go 2x10 XT. as the groupsets look like a good deal once you start changing several things at once. It's a tough call.

I am also tempted by a dropper post, but may have to find some weight savings to offset this! In fact this may be the first thing I get as I think it would improve my riding fun. I can't say that anything else will make more than a marginal difference.

Oh, and lockout... never use it, not even on the road.
    Vitus Sentier VR+ (2018) GT Grade AL 105 (2016)
    Giant Anthem X4 (2010) GT Avalanche 1.0 (2010)
    Kingley Vale and QECP Trail Collective - QECP Trail Building
  • gmacz
    Grips and bar ends look good on the ergon site.
    I think crud mudguards for me.
    I have ancient xt on my bike and it still works perfectly and looks better than the modern stuff.