I just don't get it

joelsim
joelsim Posts: 7,552
edited October 2011 in Commuting chat
I'm sitting in a hotel just on the edge of civilisation, Hull, and I can see some people in the gym. There is a reasonably pretty girl walking on a treadmill.

Why do people do that in a gym when they can get out into the fresh air for a walk? Or a cycle? Or whatever.

Answers on a postcard, I'm struggling to find a postcard here.

Comments

• gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Why is a resonably pretty girl on the treadmill and not in the bar with you? Thats the answer I want to know.......
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    What are you doing in a Hotel.

"Bom chicka wha wha"
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Joelsim wrote:
    I'm sitting in a hotel just on the edge of civilisation, Hull, and I can see some people in the gym. There is a reasonably pretty girl walking on a treadmill.

Why do people do that in a gym when they can get out into the fresh air for a walk? Or a cycle? Or whatever.

Answers on a postcard, I'm struggling to find a postcard here.

I suspect said pretty girl feels safe in the gym and wouldn't running around Hull.

I don't blame her for this.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    I always assume these people struggled with corners.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • joelsim
    Unfortunately I'm in a hotel next to a printer, where I'm press passing a jewellery brochure. It is on press for more than 48 hours, and I have to check each sheet off every few hours before they run the bulk.

In between times I'm doing the rest of my day job on the laptop. If I wasn't working and I could get WiFi access in my room, I'd probably be surfing
    XXX-RatedSexychicksandMILFsontreadmills.com
  • joelsim
    Next sheet to approve at 10:30pm :(
  • Harry182
    Harry182 Posts: 1,170
    Maybe she's tired of weird dudes perving at her when she goes out for a walk.

Maybe she enjoys the privacy of exercising in a gym where she doesn't have to worry about ... perving ... weird dudes ... ... internet gossiping ... oh, wait ... um ... right, never mind then.
  • Chin up Joelsim, I have to stay with this computer for the next seven hours while it crunches some calculations to make sure it doesn't say "Mip?"

As for not going outside in Hull - you might get distracted by the funny coloured phone boxes and crash into things?

Also, I'm told it smells funny.

The Muddy One: Transmogrified Focus Fat Boy - One gear and rigid.
    The Battered One: 1986 Peugeot Carbolite
    The Quick(ish) One: Willier Evasion
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    To pick up, or be picked up.

By men.
  • joelsim
    Chin up Joelsim, I have to stay with this computer for the next seven hours while it crunches some calculations to make sure it doesn't say "Mip?"

As for not going outside in Hull - you might get distracted by the funny coloured phone boxes and crash into things?

Also, I'm told it smells funny.

They certainly terk funne oop ere
  • joelsim
    Anyway, just got to pop out to buy an Armenia shirt for tonight, which I will sew together with a Spain jersey.

Three cheers to seeing Spain put 10 past Scotland this evening!
  • Joelsim wrote:
    Anyway, just got to pop out to buy an Armenia shirt for tonight, which I will sew together with a Spain jersey.

I'm a spy in enemy territory for the Scotland game. Currently trying to remember if I know somewhere I could occasionally pop out to see the game without being lynched for being English in Edinburgh.

I'm a little scarred after the Scotland/England rugby game...

The Muddy One: Transmogrified Focus Fat Boy - One gear and rigid.
    The Battered One: 1986 Peugeot Carbolite
    The Quick(ish) One: Willier Evasion
  • joelsim
    Joelsim wrote:

I'm a spy in enemy territory for the Scotland game. Currently trying to remember if I know somewhere I could occasionally pop out to see the game without being lynched for being English in Edinburgh.

I'm a little scarred after the Scotland/England rugby game...

Just dye your hair ginger and talk gibberish.
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Joelsim wrote:

The good thing about Scotland is we're in a win win situation. We win, we've beaten the world champs and have a great party to celebrate.

We loose by 10 goals we gotten to watch a great world champion team and have a party to celebrate.

And the icing on the cake, knowing England are through so no matter what happens we'll get some joy from watching them get put out of another tournament on penalties.

And regarding the topic, maybe she wants to work out but also wants to watch TV.
  • joelsim
    Penalties? Blimey, I think you're overestimating how good you think England are!
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Hull - city of the mysterious east

I've often thought that gym machines should be linked to the national grid - think of all that alternative energy
  • Warming down from more vigerous exercise? Training in an environment she feels safer in?
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Reminds me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfWTQA6QPk4

At the same time, can really destroy myself on a tread mill.
  • I like gyms (used to be into body building), I'll be back in one when the weather is constantly icy/ wet.

Allot of people seem to go to gyms not to exercise but to look at themselves/ by looked at and chat. I've never understood it, I take pride in being covered in sweat and if I get looked down upon for this, then so be it. 8)

But yeah, even on sunny days gyms are busy, if not busier. It is no substitute for the great outdoors. But some gyms to contain some very hot woman!
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    There was a new hottie in my gym this morning. There usually isn't any because I go before work and people in Brum dont tend to wake up until about half 10. Very Nice.

I don't tend to use the cardio enquipment in the gym personally, just weights and showers. When we move house over the winter I might start working out at home again if we get a bit of extra space.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,124
    Joelsim wrote:
    Hull &
    reasonably pretty girl
    Must be a visitor to the town then, so she probably doesn't know her way around.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]