idiots without lights

2»

Comments

• prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    Relax and let evolution take It's course.

All well and good, as long as you're not involved, e.g. TWATS travelling around at 20mph in Hyde park in the dark with no lights.

I've never hit one (I'm pretty careful, knowing there are twats in there with no lights), but if I do my broken bike's going straight up their arse, sideways!
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    gilesjuk wrote:
    Especially when it is illegal tinting, which some fitters seem willing to apply even though it breaks the law.

I regularly point out to drivers that having tinted from side windows is illegal, and if there's a police officer in sight I'm most likely to grass em up to the officer.
  • jamesco
    jamesco Posts: 687
    fossyant wrote:
    I would get your eyes checked.

Hi viz jackets. FFS. They only work (reflectives) if headlamps reflect off them. Hi Viz without reflectives is no good at night.
    My mum was staying with us and commented how much easier it is to see a cyclist wearing a high-vis top. That's pretty much the final word for me - it's a big, bright surface and it really stands out. Yeah, at night the driver's headlamps have to strike the top, but if the driver hasn't turned on their lights then nothing's gonna help.

Why, though, do most cycling high-vis tops not have a lot more reflective covering? Most the time it's just a bit of trim or logo or piping along the zip - absolutely daft!
  • Rolf F wrote:
    Boo hoo. We've all had an off that's left us in pain. My very own right knee has a limited lifespan as a result and will DEF give up on me one day. But I don't come on the internet and whinge about it.

You just have............

Der . . . hardly whinging, simply pointing out a fact that plenty of us have suffered the same. bit different from the previous muppet still on about it 3 years later FFS. Touchy bunch of girls aren't you?
  • Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    trolls.gif
    FCN 2 to 8
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Mr Plum wrote:
    trolls.gif

Just because something is fat, smelly and hideous doesn't mean it should be starved to death!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • I was T-boned 2 1/2 weeks ago, I didn't have any lights on, but it was broad daylight! if the dozy bastards don't look they wont see you!