Stolen!

EKE_38BPM
EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
edited October 2011 in Commuting chat
Some fucker has stolen my zen and I want it back.
I just had a horrible ride which consisted of me getting annoyed with RLJers, cars in ASLs, iPeds etc.

I normally just let these things slide, but today they all wound me up.

1) The woman in the Mini who approached a red light, drove past the stop line, drove through the 'bike box', drove past the ASL and stopped half way into the pedestrian stopping zone and then had a go at me (after I politely pointed out to her where the stop line for cars was) that I was "weaving all over the road". I assume she meant when I swerved around a massive pothole.

2) The bus driver who overtook me on a two lane road nice and safely (indicated to come out when he was behind, moved into the other lane and left me loads of room) and then cut back in way too early and slowed down for no reason. I told him that he is a dangerous driver but I was thinking way worse stuff.

3) The Golf driver who was constantly changing lane to get 3 metres further and then cut across me. He got a hand signal from me.

I should be in a good mood as I just got offered a full time job (the first one I've had in two years) but the idiots just pissed me right off and killed my buzz.
I need to chill out methinks but motorists need to think about what they are doing and look out for other road users.
FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Here you go have a look at my birthday cake that might cheer you up.
    SDC12975.JPG

SDC12976.JPG

Failing that i'll let you join me at the Morpeth and watch me drink FREE beer :wink:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • EKE_38BPM
    itboffin wrote:
    SDC12975.JPG

SDC12976.JPG

Failing that i'll let you join me at the Morpeth and watch me drink FREE beer :wink:

Happy birthday. You are 50-how much years old now?

• itboffin
    congrats on the job BTW.

New bike then ..?
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • EKE_38BPM
    Cheers.
    In all honesty, I don't really want this job, but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do and all that.

Bikewise, I'm going to get the Record Ace powder coated and I'm picking up a alu road bike frame from a mate later this week and I'll build that up using the components from my old Giant OCR.
    I will have to take advantage of the staff discount eventually though. Ti, here I come!

• itboffin
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Cheers.
    In all honesty, I don't really want this job, but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do and all that.

Bikewise, I'm going to get the Record Ace powder coated and I'm picking up a alu road bike frame from a mate later this week and I'll build that up using the components from my old Giant OCR.
    I will have to take advantage of the staff discount eventually though. Ti, here I come!

Ah bike shop job?
  • itboffin wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Cheers.

Ah bike shop job?

Hope the bike shop don't sell any carbon bikes...

Congrats on the job. Wish I had one of them :(
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    I just got offered a full time job (the first one I've had in two years)

Just focus on this. Congrats!

Oh and happy Boffo. You look alright for 50...
  • itboffin
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    I just got offered a full time job (the first one I've had in two years)

Just focus on this. Congrats!

Oh and happy Boffo. You look alright for 50...

Ta now you take it easy on the way home, you wouldnt want to sprain anything now would you, OLD MAN!!!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,773
    Must be a day for it. Nearly left hooked twice in the first half mile tonight. Was in a bit of a tiz from then on.
    Congratulations on the job, hope you're working with good people.
    And happy 50th ITB. Hope you enjoyed your weekend.
  • itboffin wrote:
    SDC12975.JPG

SDC12976.JPG

Long old drop from saddle to bars on the bikes you are riding along that cake,
  • merkin
    merkin Posts: 452
    I must say, looking at that cake made me feel happy. :P
    Happy birthday! 8)
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    I had some twunt in a Corsa blast past me before turning left. Not dangerous, and I was doing 30ish in a 30 zone. It was the headache and nausea that kicked in later that ruined my commute.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • itboffin
    If you look at the riders pics closely you'll notice that along with myself the other riders are in fact brad, lance, contador, fabian and cav of course i'm at the top of the mountain :lol:

Also the flags are markers for 3 of the alpine cols I climbed last year, not bad considering mrs itboffin has no interest in cycling.
  • EKE_38BPM
    Well done Mrs Boffin. I guess you going on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about cycling, a few names and places must have stuck in her mind!

The job isn't the one I applied for, the money isn't great and its not doing what I want, but other than that, its perfect!

I had a visit from the fairy today and took a long hard look at my tyres. I think replacements will be my first staff purchase. I usually go for Gatorskins, but should I now be looking at 4 Seasons, Rubino, Ultremo ZX HD etc?

• Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Congrats on the job. I love staff discounts :lol:
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    How big is the staff discount and how many beers does a bike purchase using it equal? :twisted:
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo