Speed displaying jacket

Comments

• What units is it displaying. Judging by the speed the guy seemed to be going it wouldn't by mph - kmh? If so would be no good for me as only goes up to 69 :wink:
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Saw this on here a couple of years ago, nothing seemd to be coming of it which is a shame, it would be good, gives the driver overtaking you an idea of how much you're not really holding them up.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • I don't like it, I've already had coppers overtaking and doing the "Calm down, sonny" hand signals, if I was to give them further evidence...
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    prawny wrote:
    Saw this on here a couple of years ago, nothing seemd to be coming of it which is a shame, it would be good, gives the driver overtaking you an idea of how much you're not really holding them up.

Don't. This is my current pet hate. There's a section of road where cars overtake me often blind and, more often than not, I'll then sit on their bootlid at 35+ mph By the time they've reached the spot where they could have overtaken safely, I've timed the delay they've avoided as anything from 3 to 10 seconds. Same goes for passing spots - drivers will go past them by as little as 5m before having to slow and pull over to let me through - wait in the bloody passing spot!
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    prawny wrote:

Don't. This is my current pet hate. There's a section of road where cars overtake me often blind and, more often than not, I'll then sit on their bootlid at 35+ mph By the time they've reached the spot where they could have overtaken safely, I've timed the delay they've avoided as anything from 3 to 10 seconds. Same goes for passing spots - drivers will go past them by as little as 5m before having to slow and pull over to let me through - wait in the bloody passing spot!

Pretty impressive in that wind...
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    It's often on my tail for that section - turning across it can be fun
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Ride hard
    Ride hard Posts: 389
    A good idea but I doubt it would make any difference. Even if I'm doing 28mph+ on a fairly narrow main road - and this was clearly displayed on my back - it would only mean that the impatient so and so's in their tin boxes on wheels would clock 35mph+ to squeeze past by a matter of inches - this happened to me tonight going through Greenwich.
    Reporter: "What's your prediction for the fight?"
    Clubber Lang: "Prediction?"
    Reporter: "Yes. Prediction"
    Clubber Lang: "....Pain!!!"