peco
peco Posts: 12
edited February 2013 in Commuting general
http://www.raleigh.co.uk/ProductType/Pr ... 15&pg=7516

UR116MBL.jpg

Leg size: 29" - 34" Inside Leg
Wheel size: 700c
Material: AIRLITE - AL6061 Aluminium butted main tubes
Gearset: 21 Speed Shimano with EZ Fire Shifters. Shimano TX35 Rear & TX51 Front derailleur Shimano M151 48/38/28Tchainwheel with 14-28T freewheel.
Brakeset: Tektro Alloy V-Brakes
Wheelset: Light aluminium double-wall rim on alloy hubs fitted with city type tyres with puncture resistant band.
Controls: Steel quill stem and semi-raised riser bar with soft rubber grips .
Finishing kit: Sport comfort saddle on micro adjust seatpost.
Frame: AIRLite aluminium frame with hydro-formed tubeset
Forks: Steel unicrown trekking fork

Selling these new in Costco for £160. Is there anything better in this kind of price range?

Comments

• Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    I've just replaced the rear derailer, seat and brake arms on my sons Raleigh Venture (same price just over a year ago, equivalent spec level) so it is good enough for Bikeabilty training tomorrow.

The design looks similar so expect it to fail quickly if you use it a lot. Buy cheap, buy twice.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • peco
    peco Posts: 12
    thanks for the feedback

i will be using it everyday to ride to and from the station (1.6km each way)

i will also be using it to get around town whenever i need to walk somewhere

if it can last me a year while i save up for something better that will suffice
  • cyberknight
    cyberknight Posts: 1,238
    Thread resurrection !
    I have been given a frame and a seat post to do up as a hack and could do with a longer seatpost, anyone know what size it is please?
    FCN 3/5/9