Trail App for Android?

Gibbo3771
Gibbo3771 Posts: 145
edited October 2011 in MTB general
Does this exist?

GPS based with map and live update, rather than carrying a map around?

I am about to do a pentlands route off trailzilla and I can really see me getting lost lol.

Comments

• Gibbo3771
    Gibbo3771 Posts: 145
    Actually found one!

An app called OruxMaps, very functional and you can download trails in GPX format and import them and then follow the route/change it with ease. Its also free :twisted:
  • bushu
    bushu Posts: 711
    Gibbo3771 wrote:
    Actually found one!

An app called OruxMaps, very functional and you can download trails in GPX format and import them and then follow the route/change it with ease. Its also free :twisted:

+potato

looks good so far, nice find sir!
  • bike-a-swan
    bike-a-swan Posts: 1,235
    try viewranger. There's a free trial, and the full version is less than two quid IIRC, although OS maps are extra. The free cycle maps that you can back up into the cache are surprisingly good though, to the extent that for road and areas I know alright, but not well enough to go without a map altogether, they're plenty.

Just had a look at orux, seems to have the same maps. May have to give it a try.
    Rock Lobster 853, Trek 1200 and a very old, tired and loved Apollo Javelin.
  • Maverick, from android market is good , OS maps are free got a few others to choose from , records your trips and can load tracks to follow
    there is a free and paid version but the free is more than enough i bought it just cos i thought it was good no extra features.