specialized tricross single

wideboy
wideboy Posts: 206
edited October 2011 in Commuting chat
Hi i have a specialized tricross single that i use everyday commuting to work and back, after 3 years of ownership i think the rear 18t freehub has seen better days as its now playing up with the new chain i fitted today, i change the chain annually using the kmc gold z510g.

Anyone changed the freewheel on this bike? what did you change if for? what is the standard part? and any ideas where i could get one from?

Thanks guys

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    These are the cheapest at the mo, the other option is a white industries freewheel.

http://www.parker-international.co.uk/S ... reewheel-/
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • wideboy
    wideboy Posts: 206
    Thanks mate, ill see if my local bike shop has one first as getting one before monday morning would be a bonus, if not ill get one online, thanks again
  • The Shimano ones aren't sealed very much, in fact, that's the case for most freewheels. It was one very much like the one linked to that froze-up on me last winter and left me stranded in the snow.

It does seem like quite a lot of cash to spend, but if you go for the White Industries one, you'll never have any problems. A truly superb bit of engineering, and an ace sound too.