Bike fitting Burton upon trent

shedhead
shedhead Posts: 367
edited October 2011 in The bottom bracket
Hi all,

can anyone give me a link details of the above please ? Napd posted the guy's details a while back & i have lost them.

thanks in advance
:D
'Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts'.

Comments

• shedhead
    Cheers Gb,
    that's the fella. I hope he can sort me out, ooer, my achilles tendons feel like they're gonna go twang !
    'Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts'.
  • jswba
    jswba Posts: 491
    He's magic. Best money I've spent on cycling.
  • shedhead
    What option did you go for ?
  • MikeWW
    MikeWW Posts: 723
    GoldenBear wrote:
    www.cadencesport.co.uk

+++ Nice shop as well
  • Slacey
    Slacey Posts: 78
    Adrian at Cadence Sport did a bike fit for me in May this year, all by eye and a few lasers to spot certain points. In June I had a full Retul fit as part of the Cycling Plus gig, which is all high tech sensors and cameras with a computer refining the fit. The result? The Retul system didn't need to alter a thing as Adrian had it spot on first time. Recommended!
    Freelance Journalist
    ex-Team Cycling Plus 2011
    Three Boardmans and a Spesh,
    numerous test rigs
  • cyberknight
    cyberknight Posts: 1,238
    If i had the cash and a problem i would pay him a visit as well .

On a side note for the OP i saw Burton Upon Trent , are you a member of Mercia CC ?

If so i might see you Sunday :)
    FCN 3/5/9
  • Adrian Timmis gets a mention in this blog about enjoying cycling and bike fit being an important part of that enjoyment-

http://napoleond.wordpress.com/2011/10/ ... ake-of-it/
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Looks like a good service...
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    He's very good.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Evil Laugh
    Evil Laugh Posts: 1,412
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Some blog stuff

Glad you're doing ok. I fully agree on a bike fit being the most important and useful thing you can buy for your bike. I went somewhere else but the end result gave me the same opinion. Essential.

Also a fan of just riding. I don't even have a speedo I chucked it a year ago. Don't get pissed off looking at it when I'm tired or it's windy now.
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    Must have picked a bad day when I went. Very hurried , cleats fitted in one shot \ no further adjustment even after I said I was getting knee twinges - whole process took under 2 hours tops - including breaks to serve shop customers - and the cost is closer to £140 - by the time you buy shims \ wedges - which offsets the 'free' footbeds.
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,920
    Welcome back NapD
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    I went there with 2 bikes, at a cost of £155. I bought other things as well. Adrian
    sorted out my position. My saddle was 2 cm too high, and I was too far stretched
    out trying to reach the handle bars (all sorted now). The one thing that I was aware
    of was the problem of my feet. They pronate and I have virtually not arches. Custom
    made insoles plus two shims in left shoe and one in the right has helped.
    Oh, and a recommendation to continue using Specialized Bg shoes.