Friday question:

MonkeyMonster
MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
edited October 2011 in Commuting chat
Is Karl Pilkington - he of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Pilkington really that way mentally inclined...
Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]

Comments

• mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    I think he is brilliant, although the second series I get the feeling its a bit "for the cameras"
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Who? Never heard of him
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • Sketchley wrote:
    Who? Never heard of him

snap
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    Sketchley wrote:
    Who? Never heard of him

Idiot Abroad

Ricky Gervais sends him all around the world an Karl basically moans about it. pretty good tv
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Hmmm, he's northern so its quite difficult to tell.
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    mudcow007 wrote:
    Sketchley wrote:
    Who? Never heard of him

Idiot Abroad

Ricky Gervais sends him all around the world an Karl basically moans about it. pretty good tv

Nope, never seen it and I don't like Ricky Gervais who is very overrated in my opinion. In fact I even get the feeling that sometime even he can't quite understand why people rave about his stuff, I get the feeling he's trying to make something people won't like then is amazed when they do. I watch an entire episode of the office once, didn't laugh at all, neither did the people watching with me, but they all said it was brilliant comedy. Maybe I just don't get it....
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Sketchley wrote:
    mudcow007 wrote:
    Sketchley wrote:
    Who? Never heard of him

Idiot Abroad

Nope, never seen it and I don't like Ricky Gervais who is very overrated in my opinion. In fact I even get the feeling that sometime even he can't quite understand why people rave about his stuff, I get the feeling he's trying to make something people won't like then is amazed when they do. I watch an entire episode of the office once, didn't laugh at all, neither did the people watching with me, but they all said it was brilliant comedy. Maybe I just don't get it....

+1

Ricky Gervais; not funny.....
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,773
    Ricky Gervais is just irritating. Pilkington is quite funny, though I've not watched idiot abroad. Steve Merchant is also funny. Quite why they let that oaf Gervais talk to them the way he does I don't understand.
  • Pilkington has been working with those two since they were on XFM about 10 years ago and the mp3s of their old stuff is brilliant. They were on at lunchtime but seemed to think nothing of saying shit and twat live on air every single week.

He's become a caricature of himself now though. Still funny at times but Idiot Abroad feels a bit scripted.

This is some classic Karl from years ago....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUmFNjfe ... re=related
  • veronese68
    Yes, from when I could listen to XFM. Can't quite cope with it now.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Quite why they let that oaf Gervais talk to them the way he does I don't understand.

Because it's part of the act :D
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Got any Mexican Jumping Beans
    Fat lads take longer to stop.
  • veronese68
    dhope wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Quite why they let that oaf Gervais talk to them the way he does I don't understand.

Because it's part of the act :D

I know it's all part of the act. It's just you couldn't pay me enough to put up with that. As someone stated on another thread I'd rather be poor and happy.