riders near derby

sloppycowpat
sloppycowpat Posts: 349
edited January 2012 in MTB rides
anyone from the south side of derby city area up for any rides?
worst moment ever...
buzzing down twisting single track then.... psssst BANG!!!

Comments

• bamba
    bamba Posts: 856
    I'm on the north if thats any use , where abouts do you normally ride ?
  • locally,up in robins wood near ticknal, round melbourne, calke abby, bits and bobs near kings newton

how about you?
    worst moment ever...
  • bamba
    Heard bout that route, never done it, is that from your door step ?
    Up here ive just got a tame route around breadsall / drum hill that keeps tickin over inbetween cannock chase and the peak district
  • sort of from my house about 100m road then about 5 miles on canal path then off road near kingsnewton, up into robins wood round thrn maybe back via outer parts of calkeabby then back to towpath

robins wood is brill there are hundreds of tracks, trails, runs, jumps etc
    worst moment ever...
  • bamba
    how many miles is that then ? how long does it take you,
  • 25miles maybe

dunno about time ive never timed it and i fart around on all the jumps etc usually

il find out next time i go
    worst moment ever...
  • bamba
    I'l have to have a venture over at some point, an see whats what
  • Cademans woods (Whitwick) is decent, pretty easy to string a loop out of the leisure centre finishing up in the woods for as long as you care, good night ride as you are never far from the car at the end.
  • I'll be down that way with work in a week or two.

Do you night ride it after work?
  • Normally ride Cademan starting from Whitwick leisure centre, loop round Bardon finishing up round the woods.....working away though in the next couple of weeks
  • Guyver
    Guyver Posts: 15
    Im not far from LE and looking for a few good routes in the area. Ive mainly been do a loop from DCC website that goes up the nubook trail the sweeps through stanton by dale and dale abbey through chad the back along the derwent.

I'm keen to try a route through drum hill and the area as i adapt the above route to pull this in.

Also looking to get down to calke abbey and robinswood area. I aim to cycle all the way and hoped id still have some puff left for the area nad return. Any body been from LE area. I'm on the nobbly nic so hope i can avoid the a bit of tarmac
  • Hi all,

im currently living at Little Eaton, looking at some midweek night rides. Just moved from Stafford where i used two ride 3 times a week, mainly chase with odd sunday doing llangdegla etc.

could i tag along or a ride dont mind travelling, just wany to get out on midweek night ride, as have not got a clue where im going.

Look forward to meeting for night ride.

stu.........
  • bamba
    ah, you said west hallam on your other post, little eaton is on part of my local route , have you been out anywhere yet ?
  • hey guys

I'm from derby city centre and ride, mail around matlock area i.e 5 dales, black rocks, shining cliff ect. would love some company and to be shown new routes. want to organise a ride ?

stuart
  • bamba
    would love some one to show me round black rocks etc, been to shinning cliff once but struggled to find my way around
  • happy to il message you and we can go from their.