Day rides from / near Brecon

JJDLD
JJDLD Posts: 75
Hi,

I posted this over in Touring and Expedition but was wondering if it ought to be in here...

I'm attending a friend's wedding near to Brecon in a couple of weeks and am planning om spending an extra day in the area for riding. I'm looking for ideas for routes - I'd be looking to do upto around 60 miles, with a few hills thrown in, but nothing stupidly strenous (I haven't been able to get much riding in this year).

Any ideas or suggestions gratefully received.

(Apologies if I should have searched, but you know how BR's search works...).

Thanks,

JJ.

Comments

• Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Try pinging a PM to folks like acidstrato and gwillis. Brecon is close to their backyard so I am sure they can come up with something decent. I have been cycling around Brecon quite a few times but I always factor in some big climbs specifically to do hill training so, with my limited experience, I am not sure if I could put together a nice and undulating 60.
  • JamesB
    JamesB Posts: 1,184
    Bit more than 60 miles, maybe 70----Brecon >upper Chapel>Beulah>Devils Staircase>Llyn Brianne> Llandovery>Brecon, 4000ft climbing in fantastic scenery, highly weather dependent though (ie rainy / windy avoid!)

Or Brecon>talybont>Crickhowelll>Llanthony>Gospel Pas>hay on Wye>llangorse> brecon ---a sub section of Tour Black Mtn sportive, high mtn pass over Hay Bluff

Whatever enjoy :D