Sky RIdes

richVSrich
richVSrich Posts: 527
edited October 2011 in Commuting chat
Anyone on here do these?

I'm going to do one on sunday (the Ride Well category) just to see what theyre like...

hopefully its not a massive group...

Comments

• Did a few steady ones with the kids last year, nice enough guides & they make you book to keep the numbers manageable.
  • ok, good to know - this is a trial run anyway (and i did book) its a reasonable distance to get to the beginning anyway so this could be interesting :P
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,773
    I want ot take the kids on one next year so let us know how it goes.
    Hope you enjoy it.
  • well that was fun.
    even though it was a "ride well" if was really tame. 16.5mile ride with a stop in the middle...and think we re generally doing 10-12mph...but it was 14 miles to get there, just because i wanted to see a different part of london :) they leaders were good. i think there was about 15 of and 4 leaders / organisers

the ride well are not for children they say. you have to be 16 (and still with a parent)

my only complaint was that i had 2 bloody flats!! FFS. my rear tyre was thinning and i hadnt picked that up. sigh. new tyre for me!! (but they were really helpfull and basically changed my tyre for me :oops: ) - and the group waited for me...

i have found im so not used to riding in a group though...even though it was slow i felt uncomfortable ....hmmm
  • Which one was that ?
    There are a few Ride Leaders on here so you might have met someone you have already chatted to. Not me though, mine was only 11.4 miles yesterday.
  • The Epping Epic :)

anyone?

anyone?

:) cheers guys!
  • One of my local ones. I have done it once, but don't ask to do it. I get about and do ones south of the river so that I get to see different parts of London as well.
    15 is not a bad turn out for a Ride Well considering the rain in the morning.
  • yeah i was quite impressed with the turn out...but the weather was fine the whole time (even brightened up halfway)

shame they finish for the year end of oct..and they probably wont start up until may again!! seems a bit late in the year? surely by easter they should be doing them again?