riding down (up) Snowdon this weekend.

bustedmonkey
bustedmonkey Posts: 5
edited October 2011 in Routes
A group of us have are heading up Snowdon this weekend. Plan is, head up the Llanberis Path and down the Rangers path (weather permitting)!!

However, I am struggling to find out how far away the car park at the beginning of Llanberis Path is from the end of the Rangers Path? Is it possible to get back to the car after coming down the Ranger?

Really appreciate any help if possible

Many thanks,

Comments

• Steve.E
    Steve.E Posts: 28
    I was going to do that route earlier in July but had to end my holiday early.

There is a bridleway called the Telegraph path/Telegraph road which links from mid way down the rangers path back towards llanberis. There's a few videos on youtube and you can obviously find it on maps.
  • tsenior
    tsenior Posts: 664
    or 2 cars, bonus about heading all the way down the rangers is the pub at rhydd ddu (roaring log fires, decent pies and loadsa real ales).

ben
  • Growmac
    Growmac Posts: 117
    Bing maps now has OS mapping and route finding services if you log in. Would let you work out the distance and upload to a GPS via GPX if you have one.

The less precise answer is that it's a long way by road, or you can come over a much lower pass to the W of Snowdon that drops you back down pass the Llanberis YH back into town. Probably a 1-2 hour ride from memory, but not done it for quite a while.
    1994 Clark Kent F12; 2004 Mount Vision; 2011 Canyon AM 7, 2012 Canyon Torque FRX 6, a unicycle and a Brompton.
  • edpd1b
    edpd1b Posts: 6
    At the bottom of the ranger, turn right to Waunfawr, 2nd right then 2nd right heading up to the quarries and drop down into the back of Llanberis on good double track. (45mins ish from memory)

Enjoy