Odd Bikes

roger_merriman
roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
edited October 2011 in Commuting chat
Does any one else see some well frankly odd bikes, this I spotted in Teddington is a peach. Sorry no direct link as iPhone http://www.flickr.com/photos/8766162@N04/6214990217/

Comments

• kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    I would say that's shit rather than odd! :lol:
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    I would say it's both.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    I make that a Tesco bike with the stem on the wrong way round.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    nothing odd about it, just the stem reversed on a cheap bike as Rolf said. It will be someone with short arms or who likes to sit more upright, in all likelyhood a girl.
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,773
    Was it Mossychops that said he had tiny arms like a T Rex?
    I saw an odd bike last night. A tandem recumbent. Or should that be a recumbent tandem? Locked up outside a secondary school we were looking at for my daughter.
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Full suspension, disc brakes. Sweet ride. 8)
  • You think this bike is odd? What does that make the ahem 'trophy / paperweight thingymebob" in your photostream :wink: ?
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    I see so many bikes in London and every now and then... one will be set up correctly.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Hmmm. . . my instinct says it would make the steering a bit twitchy. OTOH perhaps they ride the thing facing backwards, so the handlebar's more like a tiller.
    Odd either way.
    "Consider the grebe..."
  • merkin
    merkin Posts: 452
    I thought that was how halfords always assembled bikes. :shock:
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    I saw an odd bike last night. A tandem recumbent. Or should that be a recumbent tandem? Locked up outside a secondary school we were looking at for my daughter.

I think I have seen the same bike in New Malden, the chap has customised his recumbent to carry his enitre family. He has a tandem recumbent with a child seat attached to the back and modifies it as they get older to carry him and his three children.

He turns it around at the end of our road, its quite impressive.
    Fat lads take longer to stop.
  • Bike 1 is an odd bike.

Bike 2 is an even bike.

I'll get me coat.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • veronese68
    Veronese68 wrote:

I think I have seen the same bike in New Malden, the chap has customised his recumbent to carry his enitre family. He has a tandem recumbent with a child seat attached to the back and modifies it as they get older to carry him and his three children.

Yes, it was in New Malden. Coombe Girls to be precise.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Yes, it was in New Malden. Coombe Girls to be precise.

Same guy, I think he sometimes attaches a trailor bike to it. I'm sure he's had all three kids and himself on it before.
    Fat lads take longer to stop.
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    is a Hase Pino?

hase_pino_tandem.jpg
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • veronese68
    No not like that. It's like an rsj with 2 recumbent set ups on it and a wheel at each end. It's easily twice the length of that.