North Cheshire Clarion

kev77
kev77 Posts: 433
All

Came across these lot as they are pretty local to me, thinking of having a stretch of the legs with them this weekend.

Is anybody a member?

Cheers

Comments

• No but they're a great club, go for it.
  • tim000
    tim000 Posts: 718
    where in cheshire are you ? weaver valley are good as well. based in northwich. did a couple of club runs with them last winter and were very friendly. going to try and get out again next week.
  • kev77
    Hi, i am in Warrington

I pass through Northwich regular as well!
  • tim000
    tim000 Posts: 718
    they have sunday morning club runs . 1 about 40/50 miles steady and a longer one about 60/70 miles at a faster pace . both stopping at a cafe. only been out twice with them but made to feel welcome. hoping to get out next weekend as the wifes away. they also run harder training rides on sat and a chain gang ride (through and off ) on a circuit tues ad thurs in the summer .

http://www.weavervalleycc.org.uk/
  • polocini
    polocini Posts: 201
    I know a few people from the NC Clarion and they are all great people. They did an Audax the other week and it was really well organised and had a great atmosphere.

I'm not a club person as I'm a miserable sod who prefers to ride alone!!!!!!!!!But I'd recommend them!!

AL
  • kev77
    From the looks of there site they meet at the The Swan pub in winwick village,

I have passed them frequent on a saturday morning and have not realised who they are! doh!

Cheers for the replys! i do like to be by my lonesome sometimes but i have through the week for that, cannot wait now, i will turn out as often as i can with them ( right on my doorstep as well!

( downloaded the application form already and awaiting a forwarding address )

Happy Days!
  • riding with a club is miles better. I contacted them a while ago very friendly.
    Ribble R872
    Specialized Langster Monaco
    Trek 6300
  • Hi,

I'm the Secretary of North Cheshire Clarion. We ride out of Winwick on Saturdays and generally Stretton on Sundays. Full details are on the website at http://www.northcheshireclarion.co.uk if you've got any questions, please ask!

Cheers

Giles
    Secretary
    North Cheshire Clarion
  • kev77
    Hi, i have enquired through the message function on the site

Cheers Kev
  • Some of them entered my audax last February. A friendly crowd. The club appears to be mix of abilities and interests - which is always a good thing,
  • kev77
    Just a quick update, been out with these men this morning

Top top men organised and most friendly

Nice one!