Wrong size...

fallingoff
fallingoff Posts: 332
edited October 2011 in Commuting general
Again today I went out with some more expurts,instantly they told me my bike was the wrong size because the seat wasn't showing 12" of stem like theirs..
I ride a spec' Crosstrail elite and they all ride mountain bikes,later one confessed he bought a smaller size so it was more "chuckable"... :roll:
It is the same size(frame wise) as my MTB I used to have,I took time sizing it(if I raise the seat another 1" I get cramp),I never suffer from any aches(apart from an old scaffoid injury) and I can reach a fair speed on and off road,I matched the fastest of them.
My leg is suitably kinked at full stroke..If I sit on a smaller bike where I am hanging over the front it doesn't feel right,a bit like a circus clown on a tricycle.

Comments

• If you can ride it comfortably it's the right size :-)
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    My bike shows like 9" if stem, but it is a 47cm, with an effective top-tube of a 52cm, so I'm sat in the right place overall. If it's comfy, F the haters man.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • Mouth wrote:
    My bike shows like 9" if stem, but it is a 47cm, with an effective top-tube of a 52cm, so I'm sat in the right place overall. If it's comfy, F the haters man.
    Yes, :D everything about it is right..they just have to see that different people have different styles,if I get a smaller frame I feel too "hunched up" and I don't get the extended seat idea on anything other than an MTB...each to their own... :D