Looking For Jesus On The Commute

seataltea
seataltea Posts: 594
edited October 2011 in Commuting chat
If you did not know Jesus is alive and well wandering the street of West Yorkshire, there's even a website where you can post sightings.

http://bradfordjesusman.co.uk/home

He's 84, lived in a cave and walks around the county everyday, thousands of miles a year waving and smiling at people.

Every town and city must have a local man or woman who are a little different, what's yours ?
'nulla tenaci invia est via'
FCN4
Boardman HT Pro fully X0'd
CUBE Peleton 2012
Genesis Aether 20 all season commuter

Comments

• gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    In Bristol we have 'The running Man'

usually in a shell suit and fleece smoking a roly as he jogs merrily along. Wears the same clothes whatever the weather.....
  • Keith1983
    Keith1983 Posts: 575
    There is a stramge bloke in Peterborough (not where I'm from thank the lord!) who turns up on a motorbike dressed like some strange viking skeleton thing with bad rock music blaring out of some speakers.
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    seataltea wrote:
    Every town and city must have a local man or woman who are a little different, what's yours ?

Legend tells of a giant who lives on the embankment who rides a grey plastic bike. He's been spotted as far afield as Richmond Park. His existence hasn't been confirmed, though the Strava data and the furtive shot below is enough for some...
    ehTUb.png
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    :lol:
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    I'd heard Jesus had just left Chicago, but I might be getting confused.

Anyway, Reading has Elvis. He is a legend.
    FCN 3 / 4
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    if there are no pics then he doesnt exist.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    not seen her my self but there is a girl of about 20 that rides around where i live on a mixte wearing ridiculously short shorts

she is a local celebrity amongst the local cyclists
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • seataltea
    seataltea Posts: 594
    Maybe it's a Yorkshire thing but we've also got Jake Mangle-Wurzel

http://www.mrsomebody.co.uk/about/

and we used to have a tramp call Wellybob Jim but he's dead now and pre internet.
    'nulla tenaci invia est via'
    FCN4
    Boardman HT Pro fully X0'd
    CUBE Peleton 2012
    Genesis Aether 20 all season commuter
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    notsoblue wrote:
    seataltea wrote:

Legend tells of a giant who lives on the embankment who rides a grey plastic bike. He's been spotted as far afield as Richmond Park. His existence hasn't been confirmed, though the Strava data and the furtive shot below is enough for some...
    ehTUb.png
    :shock: I'll have to watch out for that as I'll be in the park later tonight. I've heard that it can be placated with pints of ale from a suitable drinking establishment.
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • craker
    craker Posts: 1,739
    If you head out of Bristol on the A38, about 3 miles north of the M5, there's sometimes this black guy wearing skate armour (helmet / plastic chest & shoulder armour) next to the same lamp post every time I see him, whipping it with a piece of rope.

He's seen there mostly in the daytime, always at the same lamp post. Just flicking a piece of rope at it.

He's strange.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:
    seataltea wrote:

ehTUb.png
    :shock: I'll have to watch out for that as I'll be in the park later tonight. I've heard that it can be placated with pints of ale from a suitable drinking establishment.

Is that Asprilla on his way back from a 21 mile commute?
  • CrackFox
    CrackFox Posts: 287
    edited October 2011
    Wellington has Blanket Man, worshipper of Tama-nui-te-rā and shunner of underpants.

He's an interesting bloke and a bit of an icon here.

When I lived in Nottingham, there was a happy soul who used to busk using a child's xylophone. He died a few years ago and they put up a plaque in his honour.
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Joelsim wrote:

No, Asprilla rides a Cannondale.
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    notsoblue wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:

No, Asprilla rides a Cannondale.

I think he rides a Felt that aspires to be a Cannondale (see what I did there?)
  • hstiles
    hstiles Posts: 414
    Any of the people here who commute through the park come across the strange oriental guy on the touring bike. He wears a heavy coat, waterproof trousers and a full face BMX helmet, whatever the weather. I've cycled past him in the height of Summer in temperatures approaching thirty degrees and he'll be wearing clothes that'd make me sweat in winter.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    hstiles wrote:
    Any of the people here who commute through the park come across the strange oriental guy on the touring bike. He wears a heavy coat, waterproof trousers and a full face BMX helmet, whatever the weather. I've cycled past him in the height of Summer in temperatures approaching thirty degrees and he'll be wearing clothes that'd make me sweat in winter.

Yes I saw him on Sunday and wrote a post about him. What a lunatic!

I also saw Jesus tonight in Parsons Green as I was eating a kebab kid. At least I think it was him, but it could have been Roger Merriman :wink:
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    In North Manchester we have Frank the tramp - wears a knotted bin bag on his head like a hankerchief. He sometimes has a mate who'll take his false teeth out and show you for a treat. He once shouted at me that I had legs like a Queen Anne table - I'm not sure if that was a complement or an insult...
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • El Gordo
    El Gordo Posts: 394
    CrackFox wrote:
    When I lived in Nottingham, there was a happy soul who used to busk using a child's xylophone. He died a few years ago and they put up a plaque in his honour.

As soon as I started reading this thread I thought of Xylophone Man. I didn't know he'd got a plaque.