The Good Christmas Present Sugestion Thread.

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited October 2011 in The bottom bracket
Not all that many months till Christmas and as I'm pretty rubbish at choosing Christmas presents for people. I'm a male and I'm told this is completely normal for us.

I'm always stuck for ideas, especially if the budget isn't too high. It's easier to choose a gift on a £500 budget than a £20 budget.

So here's a thread to share your ideas of present giving excellence.

Simply post the gift idea, the cost and rough details of the intended receiver.

Comments

• Anonymous
    Son, PS3, £,hundreds. Can't wait. :D
  • I told my children when grandama was a child all she got was an apple and an orange.

Crickey me, a computer and a mobile phone. How lucky was she they said. :lol:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Anonymous
    I told my children when grandama was a child all she got was an apple and an orange.

Crickey me, a computer and a mobile phone. How lucky was she they said. :lol:

On fire, Frank, Badoom-tish!!!
  • Looking past the fact that Christmas should be all about getting together with your loved ones rather than the receiving of gifts.......

A lot of this is about knowing your partner. Do they appreciate quality not quantity or do their eyes light up when they have loads of individual but low value items. For some it's the joy of opening as much as what's inside. Also one persons perfect pressie is anothers total waste of wrapping paper !

I try and cover all the senses, taste, touch, smell, sight, sound etc. Obvious stuff like smellies, posh choccies, jewellery etc all have their place but I find that a little bit of thought pays dividends.

Tread carefully with vouchers for health farms / fitness DVD's / exercise equipment and clothing as in the wrong circumstances could be seen by the mrs / partner as you telling them they are a fat ugly knacker that needs work !

If you're gonna do make up, go for quality stuff, she won't appreciate lipsticks from the 3 for 1 bargain bucket in Superdrug.

And ladies, if your going to buy him tech / gadgets, get the best in the market as anything less just won't cut the mustard :wink:
    A person who aims at nothing is sure to hit it

Canyon Aeroad 7.0 summer missile
    Trek 2.1 winter hack
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Remember the horrible cliche about men wanting something they need but women want something special...cheesy but true!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    I am afraid my wife usually buys her own Xmas present (in July or October), pays for it with my credit card and then gives the pressie to me to wrap closer to Xmas time. The usual pattern of events is that I then forget to do anything and have a mad dash on Xmas eve (prior to going to the pub at lunchtime, obviously) just to buy some wrapping paper. However, once I have the paper I enjoy my few beers safe in the knowledge that I have done the decent thing...only to wake up on the settee a few hours later and start panicking that Xmas is now only a couple of hours away and I haven't even wrapped the pressie...still it's the thought that counts, as I always say :)
  • Bobbinogs wrote:
    I am afraid my wife usually buys her own Xmas present (in July or October), pays for it with my credit card and then gives the pressie to me to wrap closer to Xmas time. The usual pattern of events is that I then forget to do anything and have a mad dash on Xmas eve (prior to going to the pub at lunchtime, obviously) just to buy some wrapping paper. However, once I have the paper I enjoy my few beers safe in the knowledge that I have done the decent thing...only to wake up on the settee a few hours later and start panicking that Xmas is now only a couple of hours away and I haven't even wrapped the pressie...still it's the thought that counts, as I always say :)
    lol I think we have all been there at one time in our lives
    A person who aims at nothing is sure to hit it

Canyon Aeroad 7.0 summer missile
    Trek 2.1 winter hack
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    edited October 2011
    Bobbinogs wrote:

Try shopping after the pub. Much more fun. :D
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Beer. Women love beer, especially 4 packs.

If it's for Xmas add a bottle of Tesco Value Port and a card.

If it's for a birthday, add a bouquet of Petrol Station flowers (no more than a fiver though) and a card.
  • I'd like a "g" so I can give you a loan of one for the thread title :)

Sorry couldn't resist :D