Have they gone completely mad at Assos?

greg66_tri_v2.0
greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
edited October 2011 in Commuting chat
So, the Assos AirJack is no longer in production. It's been replaced.

By the iJ.bonKa.6.

WTF is "iJ.bonKa.6" supposed to mean to anyone? I thought it was a script error when webpage came up, but apparently not.

The ElementOne is succeeded by the iJ.tiburu.4, and the rain shell is now a rS.sturmPrinz

Jesus fcuking Christ.
Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
Bike 2-A

Comments

• ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    The first one has 'a knob' spelled backwards in it.

*childish snigger*

And the second one has 'u rub it' in it.

*ibid*
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    and the prices
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    They don't exactly roll off the tongue do they? Maybe the people in white coats with pens in their top pockets at Assos are suffering fallout from the LHC!
  • k1875
    k1875 Posts: 485
    It is a coded admission that they have, all along, been having a laugh.

The first clue was when they made up a company name which is mostly just the word "Ass". When nobody got that, they decided to charge £200 for some Y fronts, but people seemed to think this was ok.

If people don't twig this time I expect them to appoint Allen Stanford to administer a massive sponsorship budget for a shortened version of track racing where opponents race round the circumference of a 10p coin to hammer home the point.
  • plowmar
    plowmar Posts: 1,032
    Surely a £2 coin, can't have these cheap races after all.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Greg66 wrote:
    So, the Assos AirJack is no longer in production. It's been replaced.

By the iJ.bonKa.6.

WTF is "iJ.bonKa.6" supposed to mean to anyone? I thought it was a script error when webpage came up, but apparently not.

I think they've gone bonkas....

I'll get me coat. ....
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • thelawnet
    thelawnet Posts: 719
    The people buying Ass knickers for £200 were mad from the beginning, so they are merely catering to their core clientele by their naming scheme.

Also the bloke needs to relax his arms and lose the ridiculous sunglasses.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Imagine walking into Evans:

"Excuse me, do you have the iJ.bonKa.6 in stock? Or the sJ.climaSchutz? No? Ok how about the fuguHelm or the rS.sturmPrinz?"

:D
  • thelawnet
    thelawnet Posts: 719
    Imagine walking into Evans:

"Excuse me, do you have the iJ.bonKa.6 in stock? Or the sJ.climaSchutz? No? Ok how about the fuguHelm or the rS.sturmPrinz?"

:D

Is it really called a fug u helm?

Round my way you could get arrested for saying that....
  • In fairness, climaSchutz isn't a million miles from the German for weather protection... Sturm is sort of like rough air, or a storm (sort of)...

Prinz is, well, prince, and isn't fugu that japanese fish that just occasionally kills you? Helm = helmet in German.

I have nothing for bonKa, though, absolutely nothing.

It's probably the same genius that designed that women's between-the-boobs bib I hate so much who's thinking up these names.

I hate that guy.
  • It's probably the same genius that designed that women's between-the-boobs bib I hate so much who's thinking up these names.

I hate that guy.

You mean Dr Sexy.

He's a smart guy.

You want proof? Here's proof. He makes women take their clothes off when they wouldn't otherwise have to.

See, he's a *very* smart guy.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Greg66 wrote:
    It's probably the same genius that designed that women's between-the-boobs bib I hate so much who's thinking up these names.

I hate that guy.

You mean Dr Sexy.

He's a smart guy.

You want proof? Here's proof. He makes women take their clothes off when they wouldn't otherwise have to.

After a couple of years going "lalala I can't hear you" to the request for the old style of bibs they have relented: http://www.parker-international.co.uk/1 ... orts-.html

They incorporated their initial lack of response into the name.
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • vorsprung
    vorsprung Posts: 1,953
    It's all pretty irrelevant what they call their stuff anyway

The Swiss Franc is going to remain at a ridiculously high level until the current financial crisis ends. So all the Assos stuff is going to remain in the "too expensive to even consider" bracket.

Which is a pity, as I'd like another Intermediate Jersey
  • joelsim
    Is the RS.sturm.Prinz like a Stuka?

I thought they sat on the fence...
  • joelsim
    vorsprung wrote:
    It's all pretty irrelevant what they call their stuff anyway

The Swiss Franc is going to remain at a ridiculously high level until the current financial crisis ends. So all the Assos stuff is going to remain in the "too expensive to even consider" bracket.

Which is a pity, as I'd like another Intermediate Jersey

The Swiss Franc is only going to get worse, there isn't a single brain cell in my head that things we are going to outdo the Swiss on economics in my lifetime.
  • joelsim
    I've been offered an F1.Uno S5 bib short for £90 delivered, brand new in large. What do you think, I'm half tempted?
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    The names are getting more and more like the gamertags I see on my boys' Playstation with random punctuation and capital letters.

Hopefully Italian stuff will get cheaper as the Swiss stuff gets more expensive.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Joelsim wrote:

Some of the names do have slight Nazi military overtones don't they? Eagerly awaiting their new winter jacket - the SS.Ober.sturm.Füh:rer
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,377
    Joelsim wrote:

Some of the names do have slight Nazi military overtones don't they? Eagerly awaiting their new winter jacket - the SS.Ober.sturm.Füh:rer

Available in black or camel with red arm detail
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • joelsim
    rjsterry wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:

Available in black or camel with red arm detail

By appointment to HM the Queen (and sons).
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    JonGinge wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

I hate that guy.

You mean Dr Sexy.

He's a smart guy.

After a couple of years going "lalala I can't hear you" to the request for the old style of bibs they have relented: http://www.parker-international.co.uk/1 ... orts-.html

i prefer the old style :( split boobies :twisted:
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,377
    edited October 2011
    You find them more comfortable?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    So have they stopped them? My missus wanted to try a set...
  • joelsim
    Assos girl however, is lovely.

Call us blokes shallow if you will.
  • JonGinge wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

I hate that guy.

You mean Dr Sexy.

He's a smart guy.

Hurrah!

I'm still not buying any. My current cycling extends mostly to pootling around essex to and from pubs, and picking fruit and mushrooms on the old commuter.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    ketsbaia wrote:
    The first one has 'a knob' spelled backwards in it.

*childish snigger*

And the second one has 'u rub it' in it.

*ibid*

Exactly someone is making da love wee out of them
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,680
    Half their clothing appears to be designed to make you look like an alien, so I see nothing wrong in naming them in Klingon?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • CrackFox
    CrackFox Posts: 287
    Not sure whether to go for the ij.BonKa.6 in #000000, #FF0000 or #FFFFFF...