Command Post Lever Replacement Compatability

pots74
pots74 Posts: 62
edited October 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Has anyone had any issues with their Command Post remote lever?
Mine has never worked particularly well but after a ride at the weekend, I discovered that it was starting to snap, so It needs replacing.
I've seen other levers on the market particularly the Crank Brothers Joplin and wondered if they would be compatable with the command post?
I have never been lost but I do admit to being confused for several weeks!

Specialized Enduro Expert EVO 2012

Comments

• if its started to snap then Id try a warrenty claim.
    Others will & do fit as you say. Joplin, KS plus lots of others.
    Specialized Enduro 2010 -custom
    Specialized Stumpjumper Elite 2009
    Specialized Hotwalker - start them young

Jamis Xenith Comp - Road
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    Prob too late for you now if its started to crack, but I find that mine works a hell of a lot better / smoother with the cable not running through the recess in the seatpost QR.
  • pots74
    pots74 Posts: 62
    Thanks for the replies! The lever has now snapped completely. I've spoken to my Lbs who have got the new blacklite lever, which looks a lot better than the old one.

As with warranty it's over a year old and I think it only comes with a years warranty. To be honest i'd prefer to do it myself as i've had nothing but warranty issues. My lyriks have been back to sram twice and both my elixir brakes have been sent back too creating a very frustrating year of riding or not as the case may be. :x :cry:

Glad to see that the joplin will fit but will try this new one first as it's a lot cheaper and if it's crap then i'll get the joplin.

Interesting about not putting it through the recess of the seatpost QR. I'll give it a try when she's up and running.

Thanks for your advice. :D
    I have never been lost but I do admit to being confused for several weeks!

Specialized Enduro Expert EVO 2012