New Rapha stuff

joelsim
joelsim Posts: 7,552
edited October 2011 in Commuting chat
Some pretty nice looking tops are being introduced by the looks of things.

I really fancy about 10 of the new things. Oh well that's my Xmas list sorted, hopefully I'll get one!

Comments

• Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    Wish I had the figure to carry off Rapha stuff. My wallet, on the other hand, is glad I don't.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • joelsim
    Every piece of cycling gear I've bought is pretty damn tight, it's giving me something to aim for. Commuting through winter coming on!
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Joelsim wrote:
    Some pretty nice looking tops are being introduced by the looks of things.

I really fancy about 10 of the new things. Oh well that's my Xmas list sorted, hopefully I'll get one!

You seem to be on a one man mission to keep the cycling industry afloat.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • joelsim
    I need to stop obviously
  • They won't be having a sale anytime soon will they? :)
  • joelsim
    Not on the new stuff that's not been released yet I doubt. Although I'm sure there will be some voucher codes kicking around.
  • All the new stuff is just the paul smith stuff from last season in different colours and no longer paul Smith. What a gyp.
    Steel Blue Fixed - Orange Backpack Cover

How do i get a link to a photo in here?!

Fixeh
  • joelsim
    I really like the hoody. No doubt it will make me look like Russell Grant tho'.
  • kevess
    kevess Posts: 186
    Sorely tempted by the "Comic's" subscription offer -Free long sleeve Rapha jersey, it's got a small Cycling Weekly anniversary badge. I buy it weekly so maybe.........
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Joelsim wrote:
    I really like the hoody. No doubt it will make me look like Russell Grant tho'.

Link?
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • christ they take the p!ss. 'City Riding Socks' at £15 a pair. What utter w@nk.
    Cannondale Supersix / CAAD9 / Boardman 9.0 / Benotto 3000
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Joelsim wrote:

That is lovely...... 8) Pity I won't be commuting after December....... :cry:
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • maveco
    maveco Posts: 67
    I love Rapha gear, have quite a bit of it - yes it is expensive but well designed and more importantly, made to last.

And the merino socks are worth the money IMO. There is good merino and bad cheap merino.

This is a super Rapha pisstake, for the haters:

http://internationale.teamjva.com/
  • Do you have the Tourmalet jersey from last year which read (in French) 'perfectly average' instead of the intended 'perfectly passable'!?
    Sorry but Rapha is a w@nk brand
    Cannondale Supersix / CAAD9 / Boardman 9.0 / Benotto 3000
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    maveco wrote:
    [...]

This is a super Rapha pisstake, for the haters:

http://internationale.teamjva.com/

:D
    Thanks - most amusing. Better than the "that thing you like? It sucks" attitude.
  • Aguila
    Aguila Posts: 622
    Do you have the Tourmalet jersey from last year which read (in French) 'perfectly average' instead of the intended 'perfectly passable'!?
    Sorry but Rapha is a w@nk brand

Gosh, how dare they not consult you about their pricing and designs! they must have forgotten that you know everything I guess. Here's a tip for you: dont like it, dont buy it. Why oh why do people like you get so wound up by rapha?

Do you sit outside branches of Waitrose/Ted Baker every weekend ranting at the customers that its really no better than Sainsbury's/Next???? And it apparently is still fine for assos to charge over £200 for some of their stuff; the rapha haters never have a problem with them, £400 for a pair of bib shorts anyone?

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/assos-llfugu-s5-bib-tights/
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    only if they're called imatwunt.RUs - i'm loving their new naming scheme almost makes me want to buy some.

In other news I have yet even more Rapha, it's almost a 50:50 split now between Castelli & Rapha :roll:

Alas these latest editions to my bulging cycling waldrode were purchased at full price by the mrs :?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Joelsim wrote:

Step away from the computer and take off the Rapha specs - it's nasty. Really nasty! I'll grant you some of their stuff does look nice but that thing is horrific!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • joelsim
    Rolf F wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:

Step away from the computer and take off the Rapha specs - it's nasty. Really nasty! I'll grant you some of their stuff does look nice but that thing is horrific!

How can you not like that? It's right up my street, whereas some of the other things aren't.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Rolf F wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:

Rapha Specs? Now those are awful

2901-3.jpg

The hoody is nice though
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo