How to make 50km feel like Paris-Roubaix...

whyamihere
whyamihere Posts: 7,712
edited October 2011 in The bottom bracket
I really cannot cope with heat. :(

Comments

• Same here. In a mere 25 miles I drank 1.5 litres of water (with electrolytes) and then came home and drank another 2 litres before I stopped feeling like I was dehydrated.
    --
    FCN 9
  • Did 32 miles yesterday lunch time and fell asleep in front of the telly for 2 hours after my shower. :shock:
  • B3rnieMac
    B3rnieMac Posts: 384
    Lashing yesterday with loads of cloud cover - I was absolutely sweltered in my squadra jacket - not even pushing it and my heart rate was 185 average. I really need a gillet.
  • ChrisSA
    ChrisSA Posts: 455
    Ran 20 miles yesterday. Cardiac drift a gogo.
  • Did 98 miles to the coast and back on Friday.

Had to buy some bottled water half-way on the return leg as I was running low.
    First time ever.

I was then stopping for a few minutes every five miles to cool off in the shade of the
    road-side trees.

The thought of getting home and having a nice cold shower and beer kept me going. :)
    - Slave to the cadence -
  • 50 miles yesterday afternoon. Stopped for 2 large drinks mid way through, refilled 750mls bottle which had gone in 1st hour and a half. Got home and just spent the rest of the afternoon and evening trying to rehydrate, but there just wasn't enough liquid in the world, still felt thirsty when I went to bed. Last 8 or so miles were pretty tough, but that's because I hadn't taken food with me, as was only planning to do about 30 miles!

Roll on winter.

Not.
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    ungrateful bastards you should try living in the west of Scotland, torrential rain all day saturday :D
  • whyamihere wrote:
    I really cannot cope with heat. :(

I'd like to be given the opportunity to try......... :x

Wetsuit, snorkel & flippers required here in Waterworld
    "Get a bicycle. You won't regret it if you live"
    Mark Twain
  • Or just try cycling anywhere in Central Scotland - who needs pave when you have roads like ours?
    "Get a bicycle. You won't regret it if you live"
    Mark Twain
  • DubaiNeil
    DubaiNeil Posts: 246
    Perfectly normal for me. Waiting for winter when the temperature will ONLY be around 25C at 10AM!

Last ride (club coffee run) all numbers according to Garmin - 80km, 06:03 start time (yes, really...), elapsed time 3 hours 4 minutes, average temperature 30°C, peak of 36°C

The same ride in early August, average temperature 35°C with a peak of 43°C!

Enjoy it while it lasts :)
  • I know, to think i have never brought out my long sleeve Assos top in over twelve months here! Bab al shams coffee stops are much more bearable than a soggy beans on toast cafe stop in lancashire! 8)