MBUK free Lezyne multi-tool

forestsingletrack
forestsingletrack Posts: 13
edited October 2011 in MTB general
Hi,
Has anyone got the Lezyne Stainless 19 Multi-tool that you get free when you subscribe to MBUK and if so is it any good?

Many thanks

Comments

• I've got a Lezyne 13 and it stays in the shed, the allan keys are too short, the chain splitter is too small to use and the whole thing is too chunky. But hey if its free!!
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

Kinesis XC3
    Trek 1.5
  • reevie25
    reevie25 Posts: 254
    I've got the multi-tool mentioned and it's the best I've ever used, none of the heads have been rounded and it is a really strong bit of kit. I've used the chainsplitter tool many times and where others have bent and broken, this plows on through.

Another common problem with mulit-tools which I've experienced in the past is the whole thing coming loose. I have not had this problem with the lezyne. Mine is a few years old now and it never skips a beat. Highly recomended bit of kit imo.

I didn't get mine with the MBUK subscription so unfortunately I can't say anything about the service or delivery time.

Hope this helps!
  • Danlube
    Danlube Posts: 454
    Just sorted out the MBUK subscription. Planned to sort one out for a while and seeing the free tool just gave me a spank on the arse to get it done. Ordered the silver one, hope to see it in the next couple of days. Yay excited!
    Kona Tanuki Deluxe
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Lezyne make lovely tools... Not the best designed, but the best made. You can do better but not for free ;)

(Topeak Hexus isn't as nicely made but much more useful- if we could get Topeak to design a tool and Lezyne to make it, that'd be perfection.)
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Danlube
    Danlube Posts: 454
    Does anyone know if they send out the free gift with the first magazine or send ASAP like a normal order from crc?
    Kona Tanuki Deluxe
  • milko9000
    milko9000 Posts: 533
    I got one of those Gerber suspension leatherman-esque things about this time last year as they'd ran out of whatever multitool advertised. It was fine! I already had a multi tool.

Anyway, it came separately, quite some time after the first issue of the sub if I remember it right.
  • bushu
    bushu Posts: 711
    i got mine separately long before the next issue

only bad point is the short length hex' wont fit deep into my crank so i still carry a set but even comes with a bottle opener

v. well made + free with teh only magazine worth buying, happy customer here =]