East Sussex CA Reliability Trial - 20th Nov 2011

Mad One
Mad One Posts: 82
65 Miles around the leafy lanes of East Sussex in 4, 4.5 or 5 hours

Entry form available here - https://sites.google.com/site/esca2011reliabilitytrial/

Comments

• Mad One
    Entries close on Friday 11th November :D
  • bigpikle
    bigpikle Posts: 1,690
    I thought the point of reliability rides was to test you at the start of the year?
    Your Past is Not Your Potential...
  • Mad One
    Bigpikle wrote:
    I thought the point of reliability rides was to test you at the start of the year?
    Then you thought wrong :twisted:

Reliability Trials are most often run by Cycling Clubs and usually take place in the winter period, often used by regular racers and club riders to maintain winter fitness. Riders taking part in a Reliability Trial will be issued with a route card, detailing the course of the event, which usually needs to be signed or stamped at various control points throughout the route (some of which coincide with the refreshment stop).
  • bigpikle
    bigpikle Posts: 1,690
    thats good - just not really come across any so early... all the local ones start around Jan/Feb.

Good luck with it.
    Your Past is Not Your Potential...
  • SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    The Kent Cycling Association one was over a week ago, so they do start earlier than the new year, though alot do seem to be after the new year.

I would have liked to take part in the East Sussex one, but I am away with work that weekend, hope everyone has a good day.
  • A big thank you to East the Sussex CA and Lewes Wanderers, for putting on this event today.

Over 4000ft of climbing in 65 miles and I'd guess the majority of those climbs were in the first 30 miles. As Sean Yates said at finish, 'just as well we didn't go the opposite way round'.

Hardest £4 I've ever spent and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it, except the up-hill bits. :lol:
    Live to ski
    Ski to live