OT: Fancy a ride in Surrey this Sunday?

Cubic
Cubic Posts: 594
edited October 2011 in Commuting chat
Hi,

I thought this would be the best place to post this due to the high number of Londoners!

I'm planning on doing this ride on Sunday morning: http://connect.garmin.com/course/19384

Anyone fancy joining me??

It's going to be about 50 miles and I'm planning on passing Roehampton Gate in Richmond Park at about 9am, so we could meet here. I've done this route solo at a 16mph average, so the pace isn't very high and I'm no mountain climber! The obligatory Box Hill cake and water bottle stop will be included too.
So, not a hardcore training ride, I just thought it would be nice to have some company on my longer ride at the weekend.

Let me know if you fancy coming along or meet me at Roehampton Gate, I'll be on a black and white Giant TCR with a black/white/red Sigma Sport jersey.

Full disclosure!: I'm not an experienced group/club rider and wouldn't feel confident leading a load of other riders. But two or three others should be fine :)

Comments

• Cubic
    Hmm, reading it back, maybe I should just go on a club run with the Kingston Wheelers or something!

Anyway, if a couple of other fancy joining me, we could do my ride. Otherwise I might just go to the KW instead. :)
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Every weekend recently I seem to have something on on Sunday mornings. Next time, or will do a KW run instead. Certainly continue to post though when you're planning anything :D
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Cubic
    Well, I guess I'll try the wheelers tomorrow then. I think I'll rrpost this again next week though. Hope to see some of you about!
  • Cubic wrote:
    Well, I guess I'll try the wheelers tomorrow then. I think I'll rrpost this again next week though. Hope to see some of you about!

Cubic, sounds like my standard may be close to yours. Theres an early KW ride at 7.30 from LW on portsmouth road thats taking in 60 odd miles. They are setting a brisk pace. The time is perfect for me, distance is not too bad although I'd er to 50 ish miles but the brisk pace will hurt and I'm no mountain goat. I am gonna head there and let them know that if I get spat out of the back to crack on so if you fancy that earlier ride maybe we can head from there.
    Rose Pro DX Cross 3000
    GT Edge Ti
    Ribble Audax