10 inners for less than 20 quid

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited October 2011 in Road buying advice
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=41989

This is pretty hard to find on their website, as its not immediately visible on their 'inner tubes' products page.

Free next day delivery and usual fab CRC service.

Comments

• nice find!
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    :D
    Ordered- thanks!
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    Knocks spots off the 6 quid i paid for a spesh tube in evans the other day - didn't have a lot of choice
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • Anonymous
    Annoying ly evens sell them for 2.50 a pop at their ride-it events!
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    They could be crap of course ....
  • Anonymous
    or they could hold air fine?

Probably that
  • They could be crap of course ....

Probably this
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Anonymous
    but in actuality, they're fine
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    I cant think why I would need 10, unless they are crap though...

How do you guys go through so many inner tubes? I have a few spares for my MTB - bought 1 and a few more have come free with tyres. But I have yet to use ANY of them except when I bought a spare set of wheels.

I have always repaired on the trail and carried on. After 2000 miles still dont need a new inner.

Is it because you do 10s of thousands of miles, or can you not bear a repaired tube?
  • Anonymous
    I'm lazy, and as they seem to cost about 5-6 quid a pop, why not get 10 for the price of 3?

I've never repaired one (but have a pile of 3 in my room) as I don't have a kit yet. I'm not sure how effective patches are on road tyres are 110psi
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    I paid £3 at decathlon yesterday. They also do double packs for £4 if you have 25c or smaller tyres. I have never paid more than this.

I reasoned that I would effectively be paying £15 for 9 inners that I dont need, which while cheap is not sensible. Especially when you see the number of poor reviews and there is a question mark over their quality.
  • Anonymous
    Have put one in and boshed out 180 miles at the weekend, including some hard hitting putholes. No issues and fine on the commute - so far.

I didn't read those reviews before hand, but I'll let you know as and when they puncture. Faulty batches perhaps?

(im 72kg run them on 23c at 110psi)
  • Anonymous
    upon re-reading the comments - it looks like more people are happy than are unhappy.

Looks like August 10 - Jan 11 was a baaad time for airwave owners!

Cant really tell if it's long vs short valve either. I have short valve and happy so far after 200 miles (including commuting etc since putting it in)
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    coriordan wrote:
    I've never repaired one (but have a pile of 3 in my room) as I don't have a kit yet. I'm not sure how effective patches are on road tyres are 110psi

If you know how to do it properly, they will not fail. I get lots of punctures, being a fat bastard, but the patches have been fine.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • dawebbo
    dawebbo Posts: 456
    Ribble do decent prices on conti inners if you bulk buy.

Always worth having a stockpile imo, you will use them eventually
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    I got a stack of Vittoria ones from Cyclingbargains. They're unboxed so you get them all sent to you in a blue bin bag!

I found this place pretty good too http://www.innertubes4u.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=44&product_id=58 means you can get a bundle of tubes but mix and match the sizes to get the discount. So I had some for the cross bike (32mm tyres) and some for deep section wheels with an 80mm valve.
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    Cripes! What a load of moans! If you're not interested, why click on the thread and complain about quantity?
    Thanks, coriordan - ordered and split with a colleague at work - please don't let some of the comments deter you from posting similar threads. I will probably give at least one away to a cyclist without repair kit or dried-up rubber solution.
  • looks like it was a mistake, now up to £45 for the 10 pack, stupidly more expensive than buying one at £3.99 !
  • looks like it was a mistake, now up to £45 for the 10 pack, stupidly more expensive than buying one at £3.99 !

+1 - weird pricing.