Scran in Hartlepool ? oh yes baby

wiffachip
wiffachip Posts: 861
edited October 2011 in The bottom bracket
thinking about pedalling to Hartlepool at the weekend, just cos I've never been there, apart from a nightime trip to the old cameron's brewery

any good pie shops ?

would consider fish and chips if there's nowt special on the pie front

will be going to the Headland

also, do they take pride in the monkey thing or get agitated about it ?

Comments

• wiffachip wrote:
    thinking about pedalling to Hartlepool

in the name of all thats holy....WHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYY???
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • plowmar
    plowmar Posts: 1,032
    Cos its a ride, it's what us cyclists do.

Or do you just sit at home?

Sorry can't help with the pies but there must be a greggs.
  • wiffachip wrote:
    thinking about pedalling to Hartlepool at the weekend, just cos I've never been there, apart from a nightime trip to the old cameron's brewery

any good pie shops ?

would consider fish and chips if there's nowt special on the pie front

will be going to the Headland

also, do they take pride in the monkey thing or get agitated about it ?

You had your jabs ?? ;-)
    I like shiny bikes - especially Italian ones.....!!
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    I wouldn't mention the monkey thing...
  • Phew....misread the thread topic there, for a moment I thought it said "Scram in Hartlepool", which would be very bad news indeed (ask a nuclear physicist).

Something involving a pint of Cameron's is pretty much compulsory. Sadly, due to InBev no longer being bothered with licensing the brewing of it, their lovely Castle Eden Ale has passed into history. Although bizarrely, its ex-Whitbread stablemate Trophy Special is still being made by Cameron's....

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • Monkeypump wrote:
    I wouldn't mention the monkey thing...

Not quite as embarrassing as the fact that in more recent times Hartlepool quite happily elected Peter Mandelson as its MP. :P

David
  • I'd pick your moments with the monkey thing. You'll be fine most of the time though. Town could be interesting on Saturday afternoon as Sheffield Wednesday are visiting...
    FCN 3 / 4
  • Phew....misread the thread topic there, for a moment I thought it said "Scram in Hartlepool", which would be very bad news indeed (ask a nuclear physicist).

David

No it wouldn't ;) Just means an automatic protection or planned manual shutdown

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scram
    Focus Cayo Pro
    Cotic Soul custom
    Merida Cross 4
    Planet X Dirty Disco custom cyclocross
    Tern D8 clown bike
  • no word on pie shops then ?

never mind, setting off in the morning, aim to get through mackemland before there's too many around

wish me luck people, I may be some time
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    Phew....misread the thread topic there, for a moment I thought it said "Scram in Hartlepool", which would be very bad news indeed (ask a nuclear physicist).

David

No it wouldn't ;) Just means an automatic protection or planned manual shutdown

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scram

Fair do's. I was over-exaggerating there a tad, since it doesn't even have to imply an emergency shutdown.

David
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    I'd pick your moments with the monkey thing. You'll be fine most of the time though. Town could be interesting on Saturday afternoon as Sheffield Wednesday are visiting...

Pointless Hartlepool United fact of the day - it may well be the only English league ground to have sustained damage in a World War 1 air raid.

David
  • wiffachip
    wiffachip Posts: 861
    got there earlier than expected, so had a lovely full English in the Headland cafe, followed by a bottle of Bud at 9 in the morning. Only three blokes in the bar, they were mortal, think it was a lock in from Friday night. Mentioned the M word once, but got away with it. Cheers for the free bottle lads

cracking ride, 5-30am start, through the Tyne cycle tunnel, mackemland before dawn (best time), sunrise over the sea at Seaham. Back via Haswell, birthplace of Tom Simpson

Wallsend, Sunlan, Headland, Gateshead, everybodys talking bout pop music