giant schmacher

dode927
dode927 Posts: 11
edited October 2011 in Road beginners
Hi i have been ridinga giant shumacher mtb for the last two months an covered 300 milesi have fitted swalbe city jets and would like to make the pig a wee bit lighter.what wheels would bee best and any further cheap upgrades.cheers

Comments

• okay so i know its not a groovy bike but i ve had it from new and i want to keep it running , nuff said so any ideas for an upgrade wheels and maybe forks to help move it on
  • Hello dode927,

I think you may get more of a response if you posted your thread in the Commuting or MTB forums.
    Where would you be if you fell down a hole?.. Stuck down a hole... in the fog... Stuck down a hole, in the fog, at night... WITH AN OWL!
  • New wheels; a good upgrade would be something like shimano deore hubs on mavic xm317, or mavic crossmax. But that will cost you £100 plus. Tyres; City jets are still quite chunky, you could put something like conti gatorskins or sport contacts on it.
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    Duffer65 wrote:
    Hello dode927,

I think you may get more of a response if you posted your thread in the Commuting or MTB forums.

+1; saw the title and thought it referred to a big kiss = accident.
    Other than wheels, the best change is gearing, but usually easier to just get another bike = N+1...