Where to take the missus riding in the NW/ West Yorks

ben306
ben306 Posts: 64
edited September 2011 in MTB rides
Ive recently got the missus into riding and have just sorted her with my old bike, shes quite confident on a bike, although I cannot see her getting any air time just yet.

Ive been taking her out over the local Pennine bridleways and trails near me above Littleborough and Wardle but hoping to take her further a field as I want to keep her interested and developing.

Any suggestions? Any trail centres worth a crack? Dont want to take her anywhere thats too technical that it will put her off, but on the same note, an hours drive out to just go round fire roads for a few hours to come back, doesnt sound good either.

Thinking of the bottom loop of gisburn for her maybe?

Comments

• Blue loop sounds ideal at Gisburn for her, see how confident she is when you set out then you can always pick up the top route and do the full 8, even sling her down Hully Gully if she gets a bit too carried away!!
    '11 Cannondale Trail SL3
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    As woody says the blue at gisburn has some parts that are quite techy for a blue route, boardwalk sections and some nice twisty sections which are blue/red.

If she tackles that with ease you can pick up some sections of the red as you go round the blue.

Take her up to the Hope line and watch the lads getting air!!
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • kinmofo
    kinmofo Posts: 172
    have a do at lee quarry, its also a good place! always a good day there no matter the weather :)
    I'm a Nazi Zombie! And You Cant Kill Me!

Out of all the things I've lost, I miss my Mind the most!

dont get mad, get KROSS