Ribble Gran Fondo VS Sportive Bianco

2»

Comments

• A really small store near me does charge more than Evan´s. Though I am going for the Ribble now so it doesn´t really matter now. I know that LBS doesn´t get a lot of business due to their prices.
  • No, I´ve stuck to Ribble because of the price and their options to customize.

I know the golden rule, try before you buy though I am not going to have the time to be able to go to Preston, it´s a 3 hour drive too = 6 hours driving total :shock:
  • good luck with ribble
    they are so hit and miss
    i ordered a bianco they didnt tell me they had no groupset for a week
    i asked to change the seat colour on email and they finally told me i had to pay for extra groupset over week later
    they said send a cheque for extra cash and didnt tell me address
    emails took days to answer and no phones!!!!!
    i lost confidence in them and cancelled
    so i am going to a real bike shop for some customer service
    real shame as the bikes look amazing
  • sturmey
    sturmey Posts: 964
    If you know what size bike/geometry suits you just order a Ribble online. If you don't have a clue you might need to go to your LBS.
    FWIW I have bought three Ribbles, a winter/audax , a Sportive Racing(both Spesh Edition bikes) and another alloy frame of theirs I built up. They've all been great. The last one (frame only) was packaged far better than a frame I bought from Evans despite that one costing TEN times the price of the Ribble so for value for money they can't be beaten.

Remember though you won't get a test ride on their bikes, they're not really a bike shop as such anymore. But if you know what you're in the market for it's a no brainer.

Sure sometimes you will come away as a customer feeling like you've been treated like dogmuck but it comes with the territory and frankly I have also seen enough rudeness at so-called 'friendly' LBS's to know most of them are no better so don't be fooled into thinking otherwise.

Pricewise they are knocking out components and accessories cheaper than most competitors so even if they are tw*ts sometimes they are nevertheles saving our pennies.
  • Yeah they have great prices and I can´t beat that anywhere else. I´m going to be ordering next month when my employer sorts out my voucher. :D
  • navrig
    navrig Posts: 1,352
    sturmey wrote:
    If you know what size bike/geometry suits you just order a Ribble online. If you don't have a clue you might need to go to your LBS.
    FWIW I have bought three Ribbles, a winter/audax , a Sportive Racing(both Spesh Edition bikes) and another alloy frame of theirs I built up. They've all been great. The last one (frame only) was packaged far better than a frame I bought from Evans despite that one costing TEN times the price of the Ribble so for value for money they can't be beaten.

Remember though you won't get a test ride on their bikes, they're not really a bike shop as such anymore. But if you know what you're in the market for it's a no brainer.

Sure sometimes you will come away as a customer feeling like you've been treated like dogmuck but it comes with the territory and frankly I have also seen enough rudeness at so-called 'friendly' LBS's to know most of them are no better so don't be fooled into thinking otherwise.

Pricewise they are knocking out components and accessories cheaper than most competitors so even if they are tw*ts sometimes they are nevertheles saving our pennies.

+1

Precisely. Well put.