Please explain to Wifey she DIDN'T bonk

PostieJohn
PostieJohn Posts: 1,105
edited September 2011 in The bottom bracket
phnar phnar, it's a poor choice of words, so once you've finished with the obvious can you help me explain riding slowly isn't bonking.

We had a very nice spin out.
Even though Wifey hasn't ridden at all recently, we went 32 miles with 1000ft of climbing.

Sadly the last 8 - 10 miles got pretty slow, not helped my Wifey not drinking enough water.

But she battled on, and we rode home.
When in Wifey was adamant she'd bonked, I keep pointing out 'you were still riding, turning the pedals, and we got home fine'.

Help me out, chaps.

Comments

• Phil_D
    Phil_D Posts: 467
    PostieJohn wrote:
    phnar phnar, it's a poor choice of words, so once you've finished with the obvious can you help me explain riding slowly isn't bonking.

Even though Wifey hasn't ridden at all recently, we went 32 miles with 1000ft of climbing.

Sadly the last 8 - 10 miles got pretty slow, not helped my Wifey not drinking enough water.

When in Wifey was adamant she'd bonked, I keep pointing out 'you were still riding, turning the pedals, and we got home fine'.

Help me out, chaps.

Do what all husbands should do and admit you're wrong
  • +1 you'll have to admit defeat here PJ or you'll be on rations all week.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • +1 you'll have to admit defeat here PJ or you'll be on rations all week.

More importantly, you won't be bonking.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    go and look on youtube for a video of a bonking cyclist
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • Doesn't sound like she was bonking to me. Sounds like she needs a clear demonstration of what bonking is, send her round it'll only take 2 minutes to show her!
  • PostieJohn
    PostieJohn Posts: 1,105
    Keith1983 wrote:
    Doesn't sound like she was bonking to me. Sounds like she needs a clear demonstration of what bonking is, send her round it'll only take 2 minutes to show her!
    You ain't doing it twice.
  • PostieJohn wrote:

Help me out, chaps.

Doesn't sound like bonking to me - that's more of an energy/blood sugar-related thing whereas from your post it seems dehydration was the culprit.

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Right, you know she didn't bonk, we know she didn't bonk, but what eer you do, don't go trying to prove that she didn't bonk. That will only result in no bonking !!

Just drop it. Let her think you agree with her, but feel smug in the knowledge that you're right (just don't show her this thread !!!)
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved