Do CRC pricematch?

Keith1983
Keith1983 Posts: 575
edited September 2011 in Road buying advice
As teh title suggests I'm wondering if CRC pricematch? I've emailed to ask them but don't know how long I'll be waiting for a response!

Comments

• No, they used to but stopped while back.
    Cervelo S5 Team 2012
    Scott Addict R2 2010
    Specialized Rockhopper Comp SL 2010
    Kona Tanuki Supreme
  • How stinking rude! Shame really as I understand that their service is very good! Anyone got any discount codes for them?
  • nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    Have a £10 of £75 spend code I think's still valid... CPQZ22YIYHM1
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    IMO sometimes you have to pay for good service. Jonnyflybynight.com may have a lower price but no stock so therefore you have to wait for 3 weeks for a pair of bibs. If you want it next day then you're stuck for CRC's price.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • yaya
    yaya Posts: 411
    I've been a loyal CRC customer for several year and always had good service from them; fast delivery and on the few occasions when I wanted to return or exchange something they where efficient and pro-active

Unfortunately it seems as if their customer service dept. has either changed management or just decided to join many other retailers...

I've returned a pair of gloves, filled all the forms, ref numbers etc.

To make a long story short they have now lost me as a customer as they could not bring themselves to admit that they've lost a parcel and advised me to claim the money back from the Royal Mail...

A great shame but I'm happy that there are several other decent online options
  • JD_76
    JD_76 Posts: 236
    Try Merlin cycles, used them recently and was impressed.

I think online retailers that also have a shop are better as they deal with customers face to face as well as on-line.
  • doyler78
    doyler78 Posts: 1,951
    yaya wrote:
    I've been a loyal CRC customer for several year and always had good service from them; fast delivery and on the few occasions when I wanted to return or exchange something they where efficient and pro-active

Unfortunately it seems as if their customer service dept. has either changed management or just decided to join many other retailers...

To make a long story short they have now lost me as a customer as they could not bring themselves to admit that they've lost a parcel and advised me to claim the money back from the Royal Mail...

If you returned a parcel and didn't use a signature required service then you have no proof that Royal Mail ever delivered it. In any case you are the customer of Royal Mail not CRC and therefore it IS YOUR responsibility to claim for the loss. CRC cannot do this for you as they have absolutely nothing to do with this transaction (ie parcel delivery)
  • yaya wrote:

They did the same to me, I guess someone could be thieving their returns or anything not tracked they deny getting.

Luckily someone at their premises signed for the item I returned and I had online proof.

Disgraceful attitude.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • doyler78
    yaya wrote:

They did the same to me, I guess someone could be thieving their returns or anything not tracked they deny getting.

Luckily someone at their premises signed for the item I returned and I had online proof.

Disgraceful attitude.

Your attitude is what is disgraceful. If something goes missing then the onus is on you to prove that they lost it. You did that and they accepted that. That is what should happen. The idea that they should accept what you say because you said it is frankly ridiculous and further more, as I said in my previous post, CRC cannot claim against Royal Mail if they lose an item, only you can, therefore you are the person that will receive the refund therefore why on earth would expect them to send the item out to you again free of charge. That's just stupidity.
  • yaya
    yaya Posts: 411
    I should have mentioned that when I first inquired about the return I was told that "it's in the queue for processing" which lead me to believe that I just need to be patient and wait a little longer. Then a few weeks later the line changed to "please provide the tracking details"

Admittedly, I've lost the RM note so that didn't really help

Still, what ticked me off was the attitude and the tone and as I said I had good experience with CRC in the past
  • doyler78
    yaya wrote:
    I should have mentioned that when I first inquired about the return I was told that "it's in the queue for processing" which lead me to believe that I just need to be patient and wait a little longer. Then a few weeks later the line changed to "please provide the tracking details"

Admittedly, I've lost the RM note so that didn't really help

Still, what ticked me off was the attitude and the tone and as I said I had good experience with CRC in the past

Sounds like a very clumsy way of dealing with your enquiry.

Let me guess what their returns process is.

1) Customer sends parcel back.

2a) CRC receive the parcel back (assuming it gets to them)

2b) CRC have lots of parcels returned so they just stick them in a room and deal with them as and when they get time which can take days (perhaps even a week or more)

3) CRC finally get to the customers parcel and log the return against the customers account

So if the customer enquires between stages 1 and 3 they haven't a clue about your particular parcel so they tell you that it is queuing to be processed. The customer takes that to mean that they have your parcel but they haven't yet approved the return yet whereas CRC actually means is that if they have received the parcel it hasn't actually been dealt with by anyone yet. That's 2 completely different views and that will obviously lead to customer frustration.

If that is their process they really need to dedicate someone to booking the return on the system as soon as they come in as that is the only way that the customer can ever have any sort of confidence in their procedures.

Of course I could be completely wrong about all that but it amused for a few mins :D
  • doyler78 wrote:

Your attitude is what is disgraceful. If something goes missing then the onus is on you to prove that they lost it. You did that and they accepted that. That is what should happen. The idea that they should accept what you say because you said it is frankly ridiculous and further more, as I said in my previous post, CRC cannot claim against Royal Mail if they lose an item, only you can, therefore you are the person that will receive the refund therefore why on earth would expect them to send the item out to you again free of charge. That's just stupidity.

Are you thick, stupid or just simple? They refused to refund me for 2 months even though I had a proved online tracking and a signature?

Their attitude was appalling.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • doyler78
    doyler78 wrote:

Are you thick, stupid or just simple? They refused to refund me for 2 months even though I had a proved online tracking and a signature?

Their attitude was appalling.

Oh silly me how did I miss that you had provided proof of delivery and they then refused to refund. Oh you didn't :wink: Yes appauling. What was their reason for refusing it when you provided clear evidence that they had received the parcel?