Youngish riders around Peterborough/Stamford/Rutland

I've done a few sportives this year and noticed the demographic is generally skewed towards the older gentlemen. Without being ageist, but in the interest of meeting a few like minded riders of a similar age ( :lol: ), are there any riders out there who fancy local weekend rides around Peterborough/Rutland/Stamford areas?

I'm 22 and looking for any male/female riders in the 18-30 bracket. I ride a black Cube Agree SL, so if you see me about give me a wave!

Comments

• There is a group that go out every Sunday morning at 9-30 meeting at Terry Wrights Cycles in Deeping or West Deeping cross roads at 9-40 ish.
    Ages range from 18 - who just rode the world road champs last weekend up to some guys in their 60's.
    Varies who is out each weekend, most of them are early 40's but have a lot of racing and sportive experience to a high level. Give it a try -- rides will be steady 60 miles from now until christmas.
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Velo Club Rutland ride from Greetham Garden Centre every Saturday at 11am, a wide age range from young teens upwards, thats for a 25 miler. They also ride from the council offices in Oakham every Sunday at 9am for a 50 odd miler.

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • Thanks for the heads up guys. Chipper - is that a club ride? or just a few locals getting together? I'm not looking for anything too serious, just wanted a couple of friendly people to ride out with on the weekends.
  • Any other interest? Or is my only hope to ride around in search of others!