I just had a collision with another cyclist - what now?

2»

Comments

• MikeWW
    MikeWW Posts: 723
    Damaged muscle!!
    Sorry but get over it. You crashed.Accidents happen.
    You will IMO be hard pushed to prove liability
  • MikeWW wrote:
    Damaged muscle!!
    Sorry but get over it. You crashed.Accidents happen.
    You will IMO be hard pushed to prove liability

Yeah no need to be a dick about it. I'm merely asking for advice. I've never really had to deal with things like this and surely you can understand my frustration?
  • MikeWW
    MikeWW Posts: 723
    edited September 2011
    Yeah no need to be a dick about it. I'm merely asking for advice. I've never really had to deal with things like this and surely you can understand my frustration?

Sorry-let me try to give you some advice then

Don't call people dicks
    Recognise that accidents happen
    Don't make a minor muscle injury into some sort of personal injury claim-you are taking the piss

That better :D

• mattv
    mattv Posts: 992
    Muscle injury is annoying. I am still badly suffering from a very similar impact on my shoulder 2 years later. It was my fault, no one else involved. These do just happen though and you have to accept there is no insurance to claim from.
  • MikeWW wrote:

Sorry-let me try to give you some advice then

Don't call people dicks
    Recognise that accidents happen
    Don't make a minor muscle injury into some sort of personal injury claim-you are taking the wee-wee

That better :D

I do recognise that accidents happen and I'm not considering taking any sort of personal injury claim like I said.
  • ductions wrote:
    Zanelad wrote:
    Why was it the other guy's fault? He might well argue that you were to blame.

I doubt very much that you'll get anywhere chasing him. Despite what is said at the scene, when it get "official" he'll just deny any admission of guilt.

Chalk it up to experience.

I'm not chasing him. I know it was his fault. But yes it would be very difficult to prove.
    It is not enough to prove it was the other cyclist's fault, you would also have to show his cycling was of a worse standard than would reasonably be expected. IMO the standard of cycling is generally rubbish, so you would have to contend with that expectation barrier.