• I signed up for it last night
    Ride my bike until I get home
  • Cheshley
    Cheshley Posts: 1,448
    think there's about 6 of us going
    1998 Marin Hawk Hill
    2008 Specialized FSR XC Comp
    2008 Scott Speedster S30 FB

SLOW RIDES FOR UNFIT PEOPLE - Find us on Facebook or in the MTB Rides section of this forum.
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    There's 4 of us going...

I'll be the one at the back!
  • Cheshley
    foxc_uk wrote:
    There's 4 of us going...

I'll be the one at the back!

Ha ha, I know that feeling :)
    1998 Marin Hawk Hill

SLOW RIDES FOR UNFIT PEOPLE - Find us on Facebook or in the MTB Rides section of this forum.
  • foxc_uk
    Excellent, at least I'll have some company!
  • Cheshley
    foxc_uk wrote:
    Excellent, at least I'll have some company!

Check out the Slow Rides group if you're usually riding at the back, cracking group of people and rides all over the place at a sensible pace :)
    1998 Marin Hawk Hill

• foxc_uk
    Will do!
  • Ro88o
    Ro88o Posts: 130
    Im ready for it :) just hope its not a bogfest....
    You only get one shot .........so make it a double !
    Santa Cruz Heckler 650b
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/r0880/1177 ... 4113728080
  • foxc_uk
    Pines is very dry at the moment, but all it'll take is a couple of days of rain to change that!
  • Cheshley
    from what I remember about the route, the section within Sherwood Pines is done on fire road so it shouldn't be muddy there. The main issue for mud is up at Clumber where the route winds through the trees. I just hope no-one steals the direction markers the night before this time!!!!
    1998 Marin Hawk Hill

• Ro88o
    it'll be a fun ride if they do, better take some lights :wink:
    Santa Cruz Heckler 650b
  • Coolnick
    Coolnick Posts: 380
    Me and a mate are also doing this, never seen the place before, so going there completely blind to the route but looking forward to it! Any links to route or heads up on course would be appreciated if anyone knows it? :D
    Boardman HT Comp 2012>
    Spesh Rockhopper 2004 - 2012
  • Cheshley
    Coolnick wrote:
    Me and a mate are also doing this, never seen the place before, so going there completely blind to the route but looking forward to it! Any links to route or heads up on course would be appreciated if anyone knows it? :D

Assuming they haven't changed the course since I last did it, this is 36 miles taking in fire roads in the Sherwood Pines area, National Cycle Route heading North to Clumber Park where there is a route of singletrack through the woods and open tarmac roads around the grounds, National Cycle Route back to Sherwood and fire roads back to the finish line.

Nothing technical, nothing hard, just mile after mile of rolling countryside.
    1998 Marin Hawk Hill

• Coolnick
    Cheers Cheshley, sounds pretty straightforward!
    Boardman HT Comp 2012>
  • Ro88o
    Good luck for everyone tomorrow :)
    I know its going to be a great atmosphere for a great cause :D
    Santa Cruz Heckler 650b
  • sparked
    sparked Posts: 57
    Ro88o wrote:
    Good luck for everyone tomorrow :)
    I know its going to be a great atmosphere for a great cause :D

Nice one mate, see you in the morning
  • Coolnick
    Did the ride today, thoroughly enjoyed it and finished in 3hr 7 mins. Was longest I've ridden and found it challenging come the last half dozen miles but worth the trip and to raise some money in the process!
    Boardman HT Comp 2012>
  • waughie
    waughie Posts: 180
    I was also there today i was on a Cotic Soul, and my mate was on a merlin malt 4 with one red and one black tyre if anyone spotted us!

Did the 36.18 miles according to my gps logger in 3 hours 15 with three stops for the toilet, taking off the 10 mins we sat at the start line and the 5 minutes after when i forgot to switch it off gives a time of about 3 hours give or take.

Other than the people who were insisting on riding 3 or 4 abreast and refusing to let people past it was a good ride. Was properly stuggling in the last mile though!

My only real gripe was the lack of marshall and water stations, i think a few more wouldn;t have gone a miss!

All in all though was a cracking day out and will be doing it again!
  • Coolnick
    I did spot someone with a Cotic Soul, maybe that was you then. We we're at front of second group at the start which was a bit hairy as everyone bunched up really close round first few bends, but spread out after short while. Was surprised how many people still on way out when we we're 5 or 6 miles from end. Must have started late!

Would do it again I think too.
    Boardman HT Comp 2012>
  • foxc_uk
    All in took me about 4 hours to do - held up slightly by my friend who was on an 18 year old rigid which ended up with only 3 working gears, poor girl.
    We're both suffering a bit today - me particularly because that's the furthest I've done since knackering my leg!
    Will definitely look at doing some of the other rides the BHF organises..
  • is 2 hours 55 mins a good time?

this was my first organised event and I realy enjoyed it, You may have spotted me on my storck carbon noshing down jelly babbies.
  • foxc_uk
    Did you have a box of Jelly babies?? I saw someone eating them when we stopped because I was about to pass out from lack of blood sugar..
  • nah just a grab bag

any one have some pictures?
  • P1100941.jpg

P1100934.jpg

P1100948.jpg

I should have picked up a large t-shirt this one looks snug.

It was deffo great fun and fingers crossed the first of many, I got speak to some cool people to.

I know it wasn't a race but any one know what the fastest time was?
  • Coolnick
    Me and mate had our pic taken by www.regionalmag.com who said all the pics taken will be on their website in this weeks magazine. Not on there yet though :shock:
    Boardman HT Comp 2012>
  • sparked
    sparked Posts: 57
    Coolnick wrote:
    Me and mate had our pic taken by www.regionalmag.com who said all the pics taken will be on their website in this weeks magazine. Not on there yet though :shock:

Just had a look and they're there now mate
  • Coolnick
    Found them cheers. Downloaded 4 pics I managed to find myself in!
    Boardman HT Comp 2012>
  • loxster71
    loxster71 Posts: 269
    Hi all,

Just like to say what a fantastic time we had doing the ride, all in all with 2 stops for water/toilet duties we did it in 3hrs 12 mins...So i was happy with that ( considering ive ridden less than 100 miles all year lol).

Met a lot of great people and was amazed at how diverse the cycling community is...Old ,Young, Fat,Fit, Tall and Small etc...What a great bunch of people!

Must admit though there was a point somewhere in the last 6 miles where i could have got off my bike and threw it in the bushes lol, I have never had such bad muscle cramp in the muscles just above the knee (inside area) as i did then.
    I could actually see them pulsing in and out (like they had a heart beat lol), i was praying inside that one of our party was going to get off on the hilly parts and walk but i was too proud to get off and soldiered on through the pain!

Hats off to the "old guys lol" who dressed in fancy dress (pirate/Thunderbird) who kept passing us then pulling up further on for a drink the re catching us etc ( think they were just showing us that cycling isn't about looking fit but actually having the miles in the legs).

All in all we had a great time and raised a bit of money for a worthy cause!
    Roll on the next one.
    Giant Trance X3
    Boardman Limited Edition Carbon #344
    BMC Streetfire ssx( converted to flat bar Hybrid)