Does anyone else get monday legs?!?

chris_bass
chris_bass Posts: 4,913
edited September 2011 in Commuting chat
I've heard of people complaining about friday legs, where their legs feel tired and lacking power towards the end of the week but i see to get that on a monday.

always slow and sluggish on a monday and then seem to get quicker as the week goes on?
www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes

Comments

• Sounds like you're a weekend warrior! :D

Or do you spend sat & sun on the sofa?
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    Not really, as I generally ride 7days a week
  • Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    My legs feel pretty rocket propelled on Mondays. Not riding on Sundays at the moment as I have to work Saturdays, so I guess that makes a big difference!
    FCN 2 to 8
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Friday afternoon legs usually if I get it - just generally tired. It's the only time I take the shortest route home.
  • Midweek slows down for me.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    I get Monday everything, it's carried on into Tuesday this week.
  • I get wednesday legs.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Off the bike for four days due to an office move and laziness. My legs and lungs were rubbish this morning.
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    phy2sll2 wrote:
    Sounds like you're a weekend warrior! :D

Or do you spend sat & sun on the sofa?

usually off the bike for the weekends, just moved into the countryside so been doing lots of miles to and from work! making the most of the reasonable weather and the remaining light!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    Mr Plum wrote:
    My legs feel pretty rocket propelled on Mondays. Not riding on Sundays at the moment as I have to work Saturdays, so I guess that makes a big difference!

This.

Monday is PB time. the rest of the week is pay for the damage caused by monday time. Or it used to be anyway.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    I always feel pretty powerful on a monday and fly up highgate hill on the way home and its an ever increasing struggle from tuesday til friday

(30-50 miles on a sat and then sundays off)
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • I'm usually not too bad on a Monday except for this week - but then again I did ride 140 miles on the Sunday morning so it was no surprise!! :D
    Still breathing.....
  • i get sleepover legs, manly because after a 24hr shift with low amounts of sleep I tend to be dog tired.

doesn't make that much difference to commute time but does mean my max speed is down.
  • I get Monday legs - especially Monday morning, when I need to remind them what they are there for. Tuesday is peak day for me - legs warmed up but not worn out.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    i've still got Monday legs!

i rode all last week and on the weekend too.

my normal commutes are only 6 miles each way but have been pushing up to 20miles daily an i did over 100 miles on the weekend = mudcow with dead legs
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • georgee
    georgee Posts: 537
    Monday mornings seem a bit of an effort but normally speed is good. It's monday evening that my legs are flying!

Friday is definately the dead day.
  • Didn’t have my reading specs on and click on the thread thinking it said money legs!!
    Specialized-The clitoris of bikes.