Wiggle Bashing

prawny
prawny Posts: 5,439
edited September 2011 in The bottom bracket
First off, Wiggle are great, but!

Ordered my new bike from Wiggle last week, it was dispatched on Friday.

Now, free delivery is all well and good and for small items I'm not bothered about order tracking. But with it being a bike that has cost me the best part of a grand it would be nice to have some kind of idea when it's going to get here.
It says on wiggles website to arrange to have someone at the house to receive it but they only give you 'it should be with you withing 2 working days' should I pay a tramp to stay in my house until it finally turns up?

If they come while the wife is out (she's not prepared to sit in the house for 2 or more days for some reason (seems unreasonable, I pay her wages after all) I've got two chances and then I've got to go to god knows where to pick it up, I don't even think it'll fit in my little car, booooooo!

This is torture, I wan't my toy :cry::cry:
Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017

Comments

• What have you ordered?
  • prawny
    Rhigos 4, nothing special but it's an awkward package to collect from the depot. You think there'd be margin for a tracking number on the bigger stuff.
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • ...should I pay a tramp to stay in my house until it finally turns up?

Not advisable as said tramp might claim squatters rights, not to mention your brand new bike.
    Reporter: "What's your prediction for the fight?"
    Clubber Lang: "Prediction?"
    Reporter: "Yes. Prediction"
    Clubber Lang: "....Pain!!!"
  • I blame Wiggle :D
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • prawny wrote:
    Rhigos 4, nothing special but it's an awkward package to collect from the depot. You think there'd be margin for a tracking number on the bigger stuff.

They probably assume that most people get a bike delivered to work, but then that's not much help to you with your car. I did work with someone who had a bike delivered to work, unpacked it and rode it home! Obviously too late for you to do that now! Hope the tramp doesn't end up with your bike!

I blame Speed King!

:D
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    If it arrives and you're not in, the Post Office will leave a docket with a contact number on it.

You can then call them and they will redeliver when you know you will be in (or to another address - eg work).

Its not that difficult really .........

The only problem I have with Wiggle is that they used to be really good value and I used them all the time but nowadays they are just so darn expensive as compared to CRC/Ribble.
  • prawny
    TBH I never thought about getting it delivered to work.

I blame shitty-link, they can only give a day not even a morning or afternnon slot which these days is a bit shabby. I tried to ring them for any kind of update yesterday afternoon and was just in a queue for 10 minutes.

The worst thing is I'm going on holiday on saturday and I've got a cold so I won't be able to ride the thing for 2 weeks anyway! :?
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    edited September 2011
    I've got a great plan. What we need is for every neighbourhood to have a place where you could go to send mail, parcels etc., and collect them too. It could be useful for all kinds of things, maybe basic government functions like paying car tax or collecting pensions.
    It should have a nice official sounding name, maybe something like "Mail Bureau".
    But of course, in the unlikely event of anyone ever setting up such a useful network, what's the betting they'd ruin it by only opening them when everyone's at work?
  • prawny
    bompington wrote:
    I've got a great plan. What we need is for every neighbourhood to have a place where you could go to send mail, parcels etc., and collect them too. It could also be useful for allkinds oif things, maybe basic government funcitons like paying car tax or collecting pensions.
    It should have a nice official sounding name, maybe something like "Mail Bureau".
    But of course, in the unlikely event of anyone ever setting up such a useful network, what's the betting they'd ruin it by only opening them when everyone's at work?

:lol:

Just for extra conveinience, our local post office closes for lunch! Also I swear they don't bother posting stuff some days, we send a parcel first class and it took 4 days to get 15 miles down the road.
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • I got some wheels from crc last week and got a tracking number and an email saying when it was due to arrive....as per usual soon as I go the bog the wheels arrive. I reckon the postmen should have a bog tracking number so as not to call when you're in the office.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    I got some wheels from crc last week and got a tracking number and an email saying when it was due to arrive....as per usual soon as I go the bog the wheels arrive. I reckon the postmen should have a bog tracking number so as not to call when you're in the office.
    I have had several (>5 in the last few years, from the post office and others) cases where at least one person has been in the house, the doorbell has not rung, .and a "sorry to have missed you" card has come through the door, we've managed to catch them a couple of times (they looked pretty sheepish) but otherwise it's off to the parcels office in town, there's no parking there and it opens for about an hour and a half most days. Mind you some of the private couriers are worse, we've had a request to collect from a depot in Motherwell - which is 80-odd miles away.
  • prawny
    It's still not here, it's like the cold turkey scene from Transpotting in my office...
    trainspotting.jpg
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Did you pay the £4 bribe to get them to pull their finger out and ship the f##king thing?

That's my pet hate about wiggle. :roll:
  • prawny
    You can't pay the bribe on bikes any more, just chased city link up and it turns out wiggle haven't even bothered to post the fucking thing! I'm fuming! Why send an email to say it's been dipatched and then not actually send it out.

I am blaming Wiggle now, they're going right down the pan. :evil:
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    Still no new toy - you must be beside yourself! If you need an estate car with a driver I know of one close to where you live :D
  • prawny
    Gizmodo wrote:
    Still no new toy - you must be beside yourself! If you need an estate car with a driver I know of one close to where you live :D

Fancy a trip to portsmouth!

If it doesn't come by the weekend I'll have to give you the keys to my house!
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • That's one thing I like about Westbrook, ordered late in the afternoon and it turned up first thing the next morning. It hadn't been checked or assembled properly, but I was off riding it within 24 hours!
  • prawny
    Still no news :evil:
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • prawny
    They've lost it.

They won't send out a replacement because the system says it's dispatched.

The couriers have confirmed they've not picked it up.

I'm p1ssed off but I'm goin on holiday on saturday and can't be doing with the extra stress so I'm told them to cancel it.

No new bike for me :cry:

And they won't refund my credit card until they can figure out how they've fucked up. I might give Dave Hinde a call :?
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • prawny
    Fair play to wiggle they've refunded my card.
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Have you thought about asking Sectuer for his advice ?
  • i-drive
    i-drive Posts: 527
    let me get this right .you berate wiggle for a whole thread & then say fair play they have refunded my card .

i really dont get posts like this .

personally i would of had i del to work & rode home after all its bloody assembled .
    walk in ride home job done.

enjoy your holiday mr fawlty .....
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,540
    i-drive wrote:
    let me get this right .you berate wiggle for a whole thread & then say fair play they have refunded my card .

i really dont get posts like this .

personally i would have had i del to work & rode home after all its bloody assembled .
    walk in ride home job done.

enjoy your holiday mr fawlty .....

Seems reasonable to berate a company when they lose the item they are supposed to be delivering to you surely?

Do you know that the OP is close enough to his work to be able to walk in?
  • prawny
    I wasnt berating wiggle to start off with just an observation that a tracking number would be useful, and having a larf

I don't fancy getting the bike delivered to work as I work out on site in a customers office and it wouldn't be particularly professional.

I was only venting tbf and in the end they gave me a refund straight away after telling me they wouldn't so I thought I'd give them some credit.

Some people I dunno...
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017