Tuesday morning 'grim up north' thread

DF33
DF33 Posts: 732
edited September 2011 in The Crudcatcher
Good morning north / south dividers

Today I shall negotiate, with splendid new major roadworks, the M62 from Yorkshire to Lancashire to start work on a house I need to let out.

This will not entail any venturing out of the permafrost to go 'daarn saarf'.

Early start and early finish. Might even involve a Cheetham Hill curry as a treat as the work will be 'mans work, hard and dirty'.
Because thats how we are up north you southern jessies, and your girls like us for it.
Mwaa, Mwaaaa haaa haaaa
Peter

Comments

• Greetings Maggots

No idea why I am awake this time of the morning! Good news is that I am off this week, so I think I'll go back to bed and enjoy a lie in for a few hours..

Today will consist of lazing and an early afternoon ride at Cannock..

/Win!
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Morning,

DF33 I had to read that 3 times to get the gist of what you were going on about? i think it must be your northern accent :wink:

Today i will be forced into having Half day as No2 was sent home ill from nursery yesterday, so when the wife goes to work i'll be at home looking after a not so ill lemming. might take her over the fields with VW-Dog and get her away from things that she can damage herself on?

I have been wound up by one of my workers this morning, so much so that i turned down a bacon sandwich from minion! :shock:

Anywhoo 12hrs work to fit into 6!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Exes and Double-exes

Kwality commute in the fog this morning. Damp but warm - 'Hooker weather' as I like to think of it.

Playing with composites today, and out tonight with friends for pizza and yapping. Might even get the winter boots fitted to the mountain bike. Have a feeling this is going to be an alright day.

The bacons forecast is looking 'imminent., with a chance of brown sauce'

Onwards - to coffee!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    morning

yet another day of work followed by study. Hopefully fit a quick half hour walk in with the family between the two, to at least have some type of life!
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'ning
    Nothing much doing in Hood town, there's fog.
    Work is meh

Kisses
    FoxC
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    morning fools

hows it going?

today i shall be preparing for a meeting thats going on tomorrow and then driving to the shizen hole that is stevenage, a 6 hour round trip, hire car and evening expenses all because of a 2 hour meeting!

waste.of.money
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    I have been wound up by one of my workers this morning, so much so that i turned down a bacon sandwich from minion! :shock:

whoa there stop the clock go outside and have a quite word with yourself right now

NOTHING stops bacons

meh 2nd day of being mystic meg *cough* sorry setting next years budget
  • VWsurfbum
    mak3m wrote:
    VWsurfbum wrote:

whoa there stop the clock go outside and have a quite word with yourself right now

NOTHING stops bacons

meh 2nd day of being mystic meg *cough* sorry setting next years budget
    calmed down a bit now, been getting over excited about catching one of my officers stealing, just gathering evidence now! i just hope its one of the ones that i wanted to get rid of and not one of the suposed good ones?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    Morning Wasters,

So far this morning I've been bike fettling in the garage and playing around with shock & fork pressures in advance of tomorrows night ride at Bedgebury. The supernova that passes for a bike light is getting a top up charge just now - feck it's bright 8)

Later is more jobs and being junior's private taxi driver :roll:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • crazy88
    crazy88 Posts: 560
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    calmed down a bit now, been getting over excited about catching one of my officers stealing, just gathering evidence now! i just hope its one of the ones that i wanted to get rid of and not one of the suposed good ones?

oooooh scandal!!!!!!!!

Plasterer is coming tonight to get the spare room done, wahoo! The house is beginning to look a little nicer!
    Out with the old, in with the new here.
  • VWsurfbum
    Right off home in a min to hide the sharp objects and hard edges so No2 Lemming cant hurt her self and genrally not much else!

Looks like tonights night ride is on! Wahoo.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Greetings Progams.

Nothing interesting to report.

End of Line........................
  • I just knew today was gonna be crap when I dropped my phone and it almost fell down the drain.

Covering 2 people (One has up and left and the other is on holiday) because no-one else knows how to do said jobs, and I have people bitching in my ear to do other things I don't have time to do.

On the plus side I'm getting 2 weeks of overtime
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • ...what do you mean you are 'covering two people'?

That is what horses do.
  • Review.. pay rise.. house sold.. offer on new house accepted.. not a bad day if I say so myself!
  • Woke up

Went to work

Done nothing productive <
    currently here

have lunch

watch football

leave work earlier under the pretense of going to Spanish class

collect new phone

play some PS3

Go out to dinner...parrilla = win
    7702354.jpg

Go home

Bed
    Formally known as Coatbridgeguy
  • DF33
    DF33 Posts: 732
    ^^^^ I want some for my tum!
    Peter
  • VWsurfbum
    Montevideoguy
    thats a better picture than the Kirsten Dunst one!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Stevo_666
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Montevideoguy
    thats a better picture than the Kirsten Dunst one!
    Wot, you'd rather look at a picture of food than a picture of a wazzo pair of jugs? You can get your mouth round food any time you like :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Mornin'

Too much Johnnie Walker last night meant that bacon alone wasn't gonna cut it. Have just demolished a bacon/sausage/egg/backpudding/brownsauce bap.

Might have a skive in a bit and pop over to Revolution to look at some shiny new Cubes to ease the pain of being at work on this gloriously sunny day.
  • Stevo_666
    ste_t wrote:
    Mornin'

Too much Johnnie Walker last night
    Looks that way - this is yesterday's good morning thread :wink:
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    ste_t wrote:
    Mornin'

Too much Johnnie Walker last night
    Looks that way - this is yesterday's good morning thread :wink:

Bollocks! I actually didn't know what day it is.