rose bikes

adamwood92
adamwood92 Posts: 32
edited September 2011 in MTB buying advice
wanting an all mountain bike, my budget is around £2000. been looking around at various bikes, trek remedy, lapierre zesty etc.
looked on the rose website after seeing an advert in mbuk and their bikes have great spec for the money. been looking at a rose granite chief but cant find any reviews anywhere, just wondering if anyone knew anything about them and what they would recommend in regards to the best all mountain bike for 2 grand!

cheers!!
nay denner rickta

Comments

• 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    Few months ago we were up at Stainburn and met a "guy" from a well know mag he was testing a Chief and all he said was "it had a high front end"

Great looking bike in the flesh and as you say a really good spec.

Have you looked at Canyon?
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • yeh had a look on their website, and saw the canyon strive looks very good, might read into them a bit more, because they have great spec for the money!
    thanks mate
    nay denner rickta
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Adam, I'd suggest a keyboard with a working shift key first......

As for the Rose, not sure I've read a review, but most reviews of Euro bikes don't like the suspension which tends to be spiky on small hits and then blow through the travel too fast on larger ones leaving nothing in reserve - set up for the terrain they ride not what we get here.

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • When you say "cant find any reviews anywhere"...??

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... 8-11-41806
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • Thanks mate! Doesn't sound too good that review ill have a look into the canyon instead i think.
    nay denner rickta