Sizing Advice?

ScreaminWargasm
ScreaminWargasm Posts: 289
edited September 2011 in Road beginners
Hi all,

I'm about to order my first road bike, a Cannondale CAAD8 Tiagra from the internet as none of my local bike shops have them or any other Cannondales in stock.
My question is, I'm 6 feet tall with inside leg of 33-34 inches. Looking at the Cannondale road bike chart puts me in two size brackets.
The chart shows I could be a 56 inch frame or a 58. Will it make much diffence to me? If any of you are around my height, I'd be interested to hear what sizes you have.

As I said, this will be my first bike and as it's new, I'd like to get the correct fit.

Cheers

Comments

• I've got a Cannondale System Six that should have the same geometry as the CAAD8. The rear end is CAAD8 and the front half is carbon.
    I'm 5' 11" and have the 56cm frame. It is just okay for me. It has a 12cm stem and a lot of seatpost exposed. The saddle is pushed quite far back. It has a fairly an aggresive position with two spacers. I could have just about got away with a 58cm frame.
    I think the 58cm would be good for you as you are a little taller.
  • Thanks for that info mate. I think I could get away with a 58 but didn't want to feel over stretched on longer rides. I will see if my local Evans store can order me one in a 58 and give it a go.
    Hopefully they'll price match the cheaper retailers price for me.
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    I would say the top tube length is more important these days, hieght can be adjusted with the seat post a lot more than altering stem length
  • Just been to Evans at lakeside and ordered my new Cannondale CAAD8 Tiagra in a size 58. They also priced matched from £850 down to £675 from an online store that is not listed on there 'price match list' so I'm well chuffed.
    Got to wait for it to arrive now though :(