Forum home Road cycling forum Pro race

world champs vest

giantorangedalegiantorangedale Posts: 79
edited October 2011 in Pro race
Why are Columbia allowed to wear a vest that's so similar to the world champions?.
should of used giantorangecannon

Posts

  • Cos of all the coke they hand out

    :wink:
  • The world champ doesn't get to wear his/her jersey at the race so it's unlikely to cause any confusion really.
    Scottish and British...and a bit French
  • PokerfacePokerface Posts: 8,640
    Are you familiar with the Colombian flag?

    co.gif

    champ.jpg
  • cspcsp Posts: 777
    Why are Columbia allowed to wear a vest that's so similar to the world champions?.

    The country is called Colombia and this is their flag

    colombia_flag.jpg
  • cougiecougie Posts: 22,512
    I have a cunning plan....

    All i need to do is set up my own nation and make the Rainbow Bands my flag....
  • kfinlaykfinlay Posts: 763
    Just make the stripes upside down compared to the WC stripes and you'll get away with it.
    The Union Jack gets flown and shows upside down all the time (the top right diagonal red stripe should have thicker white below it than above it)
    Kev

    Summer Bike: Colnago C60
    Winter Bike: Vitus Alios
    MTB: 1997 GT Karakorum
  • iainf72iainf72 Posts: 15,774
    cougie wrote:
    I have a cunning plan....

    All i need to do is set up my own nation and make the Rainbow Bands my flag....

    You could call it "Campland"
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • LangerDanLangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Is a World champs vest like one of these?

    20110823-121648.jpg
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • PokerfacePokerface Posts: 8,640
    ^^---- That photo looks suspiciously like me 8)
  • Pokerface wrote:
    Are you familiar with the Colombian flag?

    co.gif

    champ.jpg

    So its impossible to make a top with those colours in any other way.

    Columbia :oops:
    should of used giantorangecannon
  • andy_wrxandy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    kfinlay wrote:
    Just make the stripes upside down compared to the WC stripes and you'll get away with it.
    The Union Jack gets flown and shows upside down all the time (the top right diagonal red stripe should have thicker white below it than above it)
    At the top right ?

    Actually, the broader diagonal white stripe should be at the top on the side of the flag nearest the flagpole, which will be on the right or the left, depending where you're standing and which way the wind is blowing !
  • How about this?

    20110810_ColNE_SS.jpg
  • kfinlaykfinlay Posts: 763
    andy_wrx wrote:
    kfinlay wrote:
    Just make the stripes upside down compared to the WC stripes and you'll get away with it.
    The Union Jack gets flown and shows upside down all the time (the top right diagonal red stripe should have thicker white below it than above it)
    At the top right ?

    Actually, the broader diagonal white stripe should be at the top on the side of the flag nearest the flagpole, which will be on the right or the left, depending where you're standing and which way the wind is blowing !

    yeah, my bad I had the right thing in my mind but typed the wrong thing :oops:
    Kev

    Summer Bike: Colnago C60
    Winter Bike: Vitus Alios
    MTB: 1997 GT Karakorum
  • andy_wrxandy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    Ah, but you're a Scotsman, you'll fly the saltire anyway :o
  • kfinlaykfinlay Posts: 763
    andy_wrx wrote:
    Ah, but you're a Scotsman, you'll fly the saltire anyway :o

    Absolutely :D
    Kev

    Summer Bike: Colnago C60
    Winter Bike: Vitus Alios
    MTB: 1997 GT Karakorum
  • ms_treems_tree Posts: 1,405
    andy_wrx wrote:
    kfinlay wrote:
    Just make the stripes upside down compared to the WC stripes and you'll get away with it.
    The Union Jack gets flown and shows upside down all the time (the top right diagonal red stripe should have thicker white below it than above it)
    At the top right ?

    Actually, the broader diagonal white stripe should be at the top on the side of the flag nearest the flagpole, which will be on the right or the left, depending where you're standing and which way the wind is blowing !

    Glad someone knows the right way to fly it unlike a lot of fans in Copenhagen. They obviously weren't in Guides or Scouts or Brigades various.
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
Sign In or Register to comment.