voodoo hoodoo any good

theboxer
theboxer Posts: 6
edited September 2011 in MTB buying advice
i got £500 to spend in halfords and the only bike i like is the voodoo hoodoo is anyone got one any good

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Yes, nice bike for the money.
  • Yes it is very good value for money however there are some problems with it. Firstly the build quality on mine doesn't really seem that good, the voodoo badge has fallen off :x. Secondly the suntour raidon x1 air fork isn't really plush and the rebound adjuster on mine has fallen of, although I think my fork may be faulty. Finally, the inner tubes that come with the wheels are just absolute sh!t, on both tubes I have had several punctures on the inner side of the tube next to the rim, at regular intervals of around 10mm, the rim tape is fine. If I was you I would try and save up for a boardman, they seem to be even better value for money.
  • They are good value for the money, I had one and found it solid and stiff, I found the fork decent (for the money) and the rest of the kit is good value. I would say I thought the paint finish wasnt great and its prone to chipping that I have heard other people mention about Voodoo bikes before.

I certainly dont think you would be disapointed for a sub £500 bike. I bought mine as a stop gap after I sold the Cube and it prompted me to stay with long travel HT. Granted I did sell it after about 4months but only to upgrade.

I would agree with AM-MAD-XD the boarmands are supposed to be great performers, and great value. WMB give the Boardman Pro a really good write up this month.