shorts, 3/4 or trousers?

WayneMTBr
WayneMTBr Posts: 8
edited September 2011 in MTB general
im after a pair of endura hummvee, i dont ride too much but when i do i tend to wear the right gear. However im undecided between shorts 3/4s or trousers. I like them all, i tend to go for shorts no matter what the weather, its basically winter know what do you guys think? :roll:

Comments

• BigLee1
    BigLee1 Posts: 449
    I use the 3/4`s but I`ve got really long legs so they`re more 2/3rds on me :D Can roll them up a little when shorts are required and rolled down to cover knee pads and give a bit of wind protection to my knees
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Unless it's literally freezing, knee length baggies with knee pads throughout the year.
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    Yep I go with knee length shorts all year round and just add cycling thermal tights in the winter.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Shorts all the time.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Shorts, and unless the weather is really poo i'll wear legwarmers. But doesn't happen that often, maybe on the road bike, but MTB not.
  • Shorts in summer, knee warmers in the bag when it starts getting cool on night rides and full lycra in the depths of winter.
    Focus Cayo Pro
    Cotic Soul custom
    Merida Cross 4
    Planet X Dirty Disco custom cyclocross
    Tern D8 clown bike
  • thanks guys, im thinkin of going for the 3/4's, like u say there near-enough trousers and can be shorts too..
  • BigLee1 wrote:
    I use the 3/4`s but I`ve got really long legs so they`re more 2/3rds on me :D Can roll them up a little when shorts are required and rolled down to cover knee pads and give a bit of wind protection to my knees

That.

Perfect for winter riding with the Fox Evolution 3/4 liner shorts. Great for summer with their own liner and blasting through nettles without issues.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • bushu
    bushu Posts: 711
    I've got some dhb trousers they are a bit short tbh unless you wear b-boy style clothing
    thinking 3/4's are the way forward now, if i bought the XL trousers for the correct length- they'd be far too baggy 36-38" waist would fit two of me in, i wear medium/large casuals 32-34" waist and 6'ft is average height in my world. i don't know where all these jockey size clothes are going to go once they realise real people can't fit into them

cycle clothing is odd, all my base' are xlarge & fit perfect. yet trouser waist size is one extreme to the other

least with 3/4's that wont matter and i can get some well fitted thermals under when the frost is nipping
  • thanks guys, im thinkin i have decided on 3/4s its a bonus aswell as its for my birthday, i dont ride to much but i would like to, so i am gradually collecting my kit. I do like the Endura hummvee's.
  • I wear 3/4 humvees in all but the mid summer, and have done for a few years, and as such have 4 pairs.Hve the shorts too for good weather, I just usually wear bib tights in the middle of the winter, but only on the coldest of days. I have waterproof Endura mtb trousers to but i always seem to get uncomfortabley sweaty/hot in them
    2011 Orange 224 evo race
    2009 Orange 5 pro
    2008 Scott Scale 30
    2002 S-works m5 fsr