My, how time flies....

Nuts4fsr
Nuts4fsr Posts: 1,084
edited October 2011 in The Crudcatcher
20 years ago today, Nevermind was released onto the world by Nirvana.

I bought it a week later.

Where the heck has that 20 years gone?
Many bikes, most cool, some nice cars, a marriage, 2 kids, an exGF or 3, and now i nice lovely Fiancee.

Thats where. Loved the last 20 years. Here's to the next. :D

And, I'll still be playing the album too. 8)

Comments

• Kitty
    Kitty Posts: 2,844
    Hi Phil! :wink:
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    I was 3.
  • I was 2 20 years ago, but I really miss the days when I could poop in my pants and it got automatically cleaned by someone, and then I was fed for free, without having to move. Oh man.

I had one of those moments, when my wife and I celebrated our first anniversary together a few years ago. It genuinely felt like we had been married a month in total, and then boom, a year has gone by. Crazy how time flies when your having fun.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Kids :P

Was 18, perfect time to enjoy it with stupid amounts of beer and not doing any work at university.

That said, though I bought it, I'm not a huge fan of it. It's okay and some nice bits in it, but it's not the groundbreaking masterpiece some of the media make it out to be. I just felt much of it was just a modern twist on punk.
  • I was 10 and had a funky pair of red roller skates.
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Screamadelica was far better at the same time

nme-screamadelica-feb2011.jpg
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    Was 18 and in the car with my dad when I first heard it, still love it.
  • I was 6. tbh i thought nevermind had been out longer! Still listen to it though! and NME has, and always will be, pretentious (sp?) self indulgent shite (where was that irrational hatred thread agin?)
    Santa Cruz 5010C
    Deviate Guide
    Specialized Sequoia Elite
    Pivot Mach 429SL
    Trek Madone 5.2 Di2
    Salsa Mukluk Carbon
    Specialized Turbo Levo Expert 29er
  • DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    i was 16 and more interested in dance music and taking drugs

i downloaded it the other day and have listened to it half a dozen times now. Its really good.
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    I was 12, had a terrible hair cut I did myself and listened to a lot of Queen and Guns and Roses.... and occasionally Michael Jackson and NKOTB.
    Ah, the late '80s and early '90's had a lot to answer for.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I was 12, was 4ft 10" and just discovering that my knob was not just for pissing with...
  • bah oldies! I was 5 :lol:
  • I still have it on tape somewhere back when tapes cost a bloody fortune (well they cost my parents a bloody fortune), i'd have been 10 when it came out but only bought it the year after i look back thesedays and think meh they weren't that great and there were far better Seattle bands around that time. Another grunge/rock album that celebrated it's 20th year in August was Pearl Jam - Ten which is still one of my all time albums
    What if your dreams and fears existed in the same place? What if to get to heaven, you had to brave hell? What if everything you've ever wanted cost you everything you've ever achieved? Would you still go there?
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    Muttly1981 wrote:
    Another grunge/rock album that celebrated it's 20th year in August was Pearl Jam - Ten which is still one of my all time albums

I have it on good authority that PJ20 was fricking awesome.
    supersonic wrote:
    I was 12, was 4ft 10" and just discovering that my knob was not just for pissing with...
    Crikey, short @rse, I was 5'9"!
  • supersonic
    Lol, I was! Late grower, 6ft now!
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    i know, i posted some pics in the hub 'what albums' section whilst chatting to vw, krist novoselivich looks like a lawyer or something these days while dave grohl looks the same :lol: still one of my favourite albums 8)
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    i was 12 as well...because you know i was born 12 and stayed 12 years old ever since
  • The first mountain biking world cup series took place in 1991! 8)
    + 1001 posts reset by the cruel cruel moderators!

Giant Trance X4 (2010)
    Giant SCR 02 (2006)
  • supersonic
    Actually I was 13 haha! Never was good at maffs.
  • jay12 wrote:
    i was 12 as well...because you know i was born 12 and stayed 12 years old ever since

You were 12 before you were born? Impressive!

Shame, youll never get laid either. What self respecting lady wants statutory rape on their rap sheet?

Apart from sheeps' mum. Oh wait, I said self respecting didnt I?

Move to Rhyl...
    Santa Cruz 5010C
    Deviate Guide
    Specialized Sequoia Elite
    Pivot Mach 429SL
    Trek Madone 5.2 Di2
    Salsa Mukluk Carbon
    Specialized Turbo Levo Expert 29er
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    Tom Howard wrote:
    jay12 wrote:

You were 12 before you were born? Impressive!

Shame, youll never get laid either. What self respecting lady wants statutory rape on their rap sheet?

Apart from sheeps' mum. Oh wait, I said self respecting didnt I?

Move to Rhyl...
    been there, done that, got the STDs :(
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    20 years ago today was my 13th birthday. God I was a wanker. I even thought Nevermind was good.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    I was 15, into Cypress hill and the Prodigy, thought i lived in tghe Bronx and thought my hippy brother was weird listening to this pap!
    Now 20 years on Cypress hill are still awesome, The Prodigy still give it some and that bloke who looked like he needed a dam good wash was lying about not having a gun! :wink:
    I can see how people thought it was a good album, but i think i missed the boat on it, I do love the Foo Fighters now but definatly got to the party late on that one!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • crazy88
    crazy88 Posts: 560
    Foo Fighters are a wag of bank now! Their old stuff is good, but the new stuff is gay.

Nevermind is a cracking album though.
    Out with the old, in with the new here.
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    I am the very proud owner of Screamadelica and Nevermind on original 12" with release flyers!

i must say though that In Utero was abetter album IMO!
  • Cor blimey...

I was 12 then, Horribly ill with stomach issues, and decidedly short :s times have changed :P but this album is great :)
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    jay12 wrote:

now that is a good post!!
  • Much like the cult of John Lennon, Cobain's talent was vastly exaggerated due to death.

I can't explain the fawning over McCartney though (or his arsepiece daughter for that matter).
    Formally known as Coatbridgeguy
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    Much like the cult of John Lennon, Cobain's talent was vastly exaggerated due to death.

I can't explain the fawning over McCartney though (or his arsepiece daughter for that matter).

very much this, Grohl was the genius in Nirvana, not cobain
  • Grohl was a jobbing drummer for Nirvana, joined them after Bleach and when Nevermind was already in demo form. He worked on and contributed to a couple for In Utero (including some guitar parts) but didnt actually write any songs for Nirvana.

He has come into his own with the Foos but I'd say hes lost it again these days. 42 and still trying to rock though - fair credit to him!
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.