boardman hybrid comp

sumitkaria
sumitkaria Posts: 32
edited September 2011 in Commuting general
hi i have just got a hybrid comp 2011 with 700x28 tyres, finding these a little uncomfortable. and slippery in the wet what width tyres could i go upto on the wheels i have?

Comments

• Check out this link for some good info;
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12802705

I think the main limiting factor with going to a wider tyre is the physical room you have so they don't rub against the frame etc, but would think you could go to 32's quite happily and this should give you more grip and a comfier ride, but not as fast as more rolling resistance.

Just had a look on the Halfords site and there was a similar question to yours and they recommended the following, on the same bike, so 32's should fit ok
    http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_385055_langId_-1_categoryId_242553
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    sumitkaria wrote:
    hi i have just got a hybrid comp 2011 with 700x28 tyres, finding these a little uncomfortable. and slippery in the wet what width tyres could i go upto on the wheels i have?

might just be the tyres not the width; I run 25s all year round with no problems either Gatorskin hardshells or Durano depending upon what I can pick up at a discounted price.
  • Could very well be the tyres. My 2010 comp came with Maxxis that didn't stick to the road at all, found them pretty dangerous in the wet as they squirmed about all over the place,

I switched to 700x28 Schwalbe Marathon Pluses. Much better control and not a single p******* on them after 1,500 miles. Best purchase I've made to date.
    New Malden to Epsom Downs
    60 percent of the time, all of the time
    Wilier Triestina
    Canyon Ultimate CF SLX
    Rose Xeon CW-3100 Di2
  • Does anyone know of a more sturdy alternative wheel for the Boardman Comp?

I am a very large chap, and I have panniers on my bike, so my rear Alex rim DP17 can't take the literal pressure, and keeps going out of true and snapping spokes. :oops: