cube acid 2012 upgrade to 120mm fork with remote lock out

rosstheracecar
rosstheracecar Posts: 4
edited September 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
is it possible and what 120mm fork with remote lock out would be suitlble for bike ive asked this before elsewhere and ive never actully had an answer:( so please try and answer heres a link to bike http://www.cyclesuk.com/product/Acid_2012_304001-18-1 the standard forks are 100mm with remote lock out also im new here so hi :)

Comments

• You could put that fork on but it may change the geometry quite a bit. First of all i would call up CUBE and ask them if it is okay to change the fork to one with 120mm, and tell them the model etc and they will let you know if they think its a good idea or not.
    Do you know if the fork will definately fit?
    Have you checked that the steerer is long enough and its diameter is right for the frame you are using (1 1/8" i think) ????
    If you are buying the fork new ignore the questions.
    Hope this helps :D
  • Hi there, find a plank of wood which is 20mm high, stick it under you front wheel and get on your bike. This is what your bike will now feel like if you wack a 120mm fork on it. You can also take out the spacers from under your stem to lower your handlebars a bit, this will bring your riding position a tad more level but your top tube will still be steeper.

As long as your Steerer tube on your frame is 1 1/8th" and the fork you buy has a steerer diameter of 1 1/8th" they should fit on.

I recently upgraded the Darts on my Cube Attention to Recon Golds which are also 100mm so my geometry doesn't change but I still have a Much better fork up front now and you can certainly tell the difference!
    Very funny Scotty, now beam me down my clothes.